We travelled to Cape Town at the beginning of February for an event and stayed at the Taj in Wale Street. It is a lovely hotel as you would expect from this group of hotels and guests experience the same seamless service as in their hotels in India.
The linen on the beds is absolutely sumptuous and the house keeping service really thorough. We stayed in a fairly standard room, but it was well thought out, had all the amenities we needed and a lovely luxurious bathroom.
While at the hotel, I had a treatment at the Spa and highly recommend visiting the Spa, it is quite special.
The breakfasts are lovely and in fine weather can be enjoyed on the square outside. Ask for the dosa, it is delicious.
We ate at the Indian restaurant on the property and thoroughly enjoyed our meal. We did have some trouble being seated at first as, although there were tables, and it was 2 hours before closing, the restaurant hostess did not want to seat us as we did not have a booking. When we queried this, the restaurant manager quickly assisted us and made sure we felt welcome.
We would stay at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Taj Cape Town welcomes guests to the vibrant heart of the one of the world's most scenic and desirable cities, Cape Town. The hotel is a combination of rich history and elegant contemporary architectures. Originally home of the South African Reserve Bank and Temple Chambers and later the Board of Executors (BOE), it successfully combines the heritage of the old with the luxury of the new - a 100 years in history! This luxury hotel is perfectly located in the centre of historic Cape Town at the entrance of the famous pedestrian precinct, St George's Mall. It's prime location ensures a blend of fascinating history, exotic culture, soulful art, lively entertainment and delectable cuisine. - Within walking distance to most tourist attractions, monuments, museums, shopping, restaurants, markets and nightlife. Adding to this grand yet welcoming atmosphere are the two dining experiences, the Indian fine dine specialty restaurant, Bombay Brasserie and Mint, a relaxed all-day dining restaurant. Both are warm and welcoming and serve outstanding cuisine. Alongside this you'll find wonderful Champagne and tapas bar known as The Twankey Bar which is exceedingly popular with both locals and guests alike. Rooms are located in both the heritage buildings and the contemporary tower wing, but all continue to seamlessly merge history and modernity. Luxury Rooms have spectacular city or breathtaking mountain views overlooking the famous Table Mountain and the Taj Club Rooms and suites offer all the benefits of the executive Club Lounge including butler service, evening canapes, cocktails and private breakfast. One and Two Bedroom Suites are also available, perfect for the discerning traveller or for families. The award winning Jiva Grande Spa is one of its kind in Africa with unique and authentic wellness treatments and experiences. Also on offer is complimentary use of all wet areas, heated pool, and a high tech gymnasium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, DerbySoftTaj, Booking.com, Hotelopia, Agoda, Southall Travel, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Taj Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Cape Town Hotel Cape Town Central
- Taj Cape Town South Africa