“Convenient, plush accommodation”

Ranked #16 of 109 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Convenient, plush accommodation”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay, the staff were absolutely amazing and very helpful. Breakfast was good. The rooms were spacious and very comfortable. We loved the convenience of the position of the hotel in central Cape Town, we were able to enjoy walks. We were able to take a nice walk to Bo-Kaap.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
MIPCapeTown, General Manager at Taj Cape Town, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear Ms Cronje
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We hope that it will not be too long before we welcome you back to Taj Cape Town.
Michael Pownall

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (426)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Navi Mumbai, India
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Last week I have been to Cape Town where I have stayed at Taj Cape Town , room No 1502 ( 9th April 14 to 12th April 14 ).
On 9th I have checked in around 5 pm ( Local Time ) . I was in room most of the time & as a habit I have kept all my accessories ( Camera , Mont Blanc Pen , Watch , Wallets etc ) on the Working table. Next day I have left hotel bit early around 7 oclock morning & come back around 10 pm. Being tired I have decided to take rest . Next day 11th April early morning when I have started my working ( checking mails etc ) I realised My Mont Blanc Pen ( Model name Star Walker ) is not there on the table where I have kept it. I have searched the same each & Every corner including my luggage & Laptop Bag . But when I have not found the same I have decided to escalate it to Front Desk / House Keeping & Security Department . Security Department has assured me that they will look into it. In the evening when I have come back , I have meet with Mr Ricardo ( Security Personal ) & have put my written complain . For me the pen has got some emotional value attached to it, as it has been gifted to me by father ( Model Name Starwalker ) , which has been also communicate to the team out there . They have assured me that they will find the same & get back to me.

Its being more than a week now & I have not got a single reply from Taj , Cape Town. It’s quite surprising to see that Taj personal is keeping silence & not acting on the written complain submitted by their guest . Is this the way the team Taj treat their guest ? or this is the standard of Taj Security that even a pen is not secured inside the room. It is definitely denting the entire Taj image and setting low standards for the entire company , I shall make sure this issue and unprofessional behaviour is very well communicated to the TATA Corporate Office.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
6 Thank imGautam
GeneralManagerTCT, General Manager at Taj Cape Town, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your experience. We truly do aspire to providing a luxury Taj experience to all our guests and clearly we have fallen short on this occasion.
We take issues like this very seriously and as you know we advised that we had to investigate all possible leads. Whilst we realise that nothing we say can return the emotional value of the pen, my Front of House Manager has dealt with you to ensure a replacement is sent to you as a gesture of goodwill. We do hope that you will take us up on the offering of restoring your faith in the Taj on your next visit to Cape Town.
When planning your next trip, we ask that you make contact my office, where all the necessary planning will be made on your behalf.
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We were upgraded to a room with an unbelievable view of the mountain. What a beautiful room and such a treat! Thank you very much for a lovely stay. Also the staff were all very friendly and willing to assist. We had a short, but great stay

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the mountain
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CynthiaVenter
Dear Ms Venter
Thank you for sharing your experience with other Tripadvisors. We certainly hope to welcome you back for a longer stay in the near future.
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 14 April 2014

This is the first time I stayed in a Taj and it was a pleasant experience. Check-in was quick, the rooms are impressive, and our mountain view is to die for. If anyone is familiar with the Dusit Thani chains of hotel I must say this is very reminiscent of it for me.

The staff are very helpful, and they remember your name which is quite nice. The concierge has also been incredibly useful to us, and in fact the most important person in the hotel for us during our stay handling all our reservations and providing all recommendations. The location is excellent as well making everything accessible.

Recommended.

Room Tip: A mountain view IS A MUST. It is breathtaking to open your curtains in the morning a look at Table...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Waseem
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We will certainly share this with the entire team. We look forward to welcoming you back to Taj Cape Town in the near future.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 14 April 2014

This was a really nice hotel, very good location, and great accommodating staff. The morning breakfast was delicious, so were our other meals at Mint Restaurant. My husband called in ahead to have a surprise for me to include a drink, flowers, etc which was never delivered but had been paid for. That was disappointing. The hotel car was convenient as long as you booked in advance. The concierge provided great suggestions on restaurants, etc. The staff really cared for the safety and comfort of hotel guests.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience however I read with concern that our team did not deliver on the flowers, which I would like to follow up on, albeit 5 months ago. Please could you make contact with my office so that we can do the necessary investigation and also make arrangements for the compensation.
We certainly hope that this will not deter you from returning to Taj Cape Town, in the near future.
Durban, South Africa
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We travelled to Cape Town at the beginning of February for an event and stayed at the Taj in Wale Street. It is a lovely hotel as you would expect from this group of hotels and guests experience the same seamless service as in their hotels in India.

The linen on the beds is absolutely sumptuous and the house keeping service really thorough. We stayed in a fairly standard room, but it was well thought out, had all the amenities we needed and a lovely luxurious bathroom.

While at the hotel, I had a treatment at the Spa and highly recommend visiting the Spa, it is quite special.

The breakfasts are lovely and in fine weather can be enjoyed on the square outside. Ask for the dosa, it is delicious.

We ate at the Indian restaurant on the property and thoroughly enjoyed our meal. We did have some trouble being seated at first as, although there were tables, and it was 2 hours before closing, the restaurant hostess did not want to seat us as we did not have a booking. When we queried this, the restaurant manager quickly assisted us and made sure we felt welcome.

We would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued guest
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We will certainly convey your appreciation to the entire team. We hope that it will not be too long before we welcome you back to Taj Cape Town.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 13 April 2014

i have had the luxury of staying here on a number of occasions. I find the level of service impeccable. Once they get to know you they remember the small things like how you take your coffee etc…Great rooms ask for one with a view of table mountain and a balcony.

The wake up call service is unbelievable they will ask when you book it if you want a tea or coffee and you get the call and within a few minutes there is a knock at the door and presto there is your coffee.

A very well run hotel

Room Tip: View of table mountain
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Dear Valued Guest
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. Your comments will be shared with the entire team and especially those that do the wake up call along with the beverage service. It is always rewarding to learn that we have exceeded expectations of our guests.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Taj Cape Town.