Taj is truely a marvel in Cape Town CBD. Since last year, I have done 3 long stays already and now feel that if I am in Cape Town, Taj is "THE" hotel. Excellent servce, brilliant food, professional, pleasing staff, excellent management staff, lovely ambience...what else could you ask for at a rate which is quite reasonable for a 5 star. Staff like Trish, Joy, Peter and others are brilliant.
I like the attention management gives towards continuous improvement and perfection.
Once I provided feedback for improvements and was pleasantly surprised to see a proper response and action to the same. I provided another feedback for some improvements during based on my stay in June, however no feedback has been sent yet. I am hoping that Taj will send a response to that as well.
I loved the hotel so much that I even booked the first anniversary celebration for my sister in law and it was one of the best experience they had.
I wished that Taj offered some specials to repeat customers for "very" long stay like 2 weeks as I am planning to stay at the hotel again in Sept/Oct for 2 weeks. Online specials stop at 7 nights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Taj Cape Town welcomes guests to the vibrant heart of the one of the world's most scenic and desirable cities, Cape Town. The hotel is a combination of rich history and elegant contemporary architectures. Originally home of the South African Reserve Bank and Temple Chambers and later the Board of Executors (BOE), it successfully combines the heritage of the old with the luxury of the new - a 100 years in history! This luxury hotel is perfectly located in the centre of historic Cape Town at the entrance of the famous pedestrian precinct, St George's Mall. It's prime location ensures a blend of fascinating history, exotic culture, soulful art, lively entertainment and delectable cuisine. - Within walking distance to most tourist attractions, monuments, museums, shopping, restaurants, markets and nightlife. Adding to this grand yet welcoming atmosphere are the two dining experiences, the Indian fine dine specialty restaurant, Bombay Brasserie and Mint, a relaxed all-day dining restaurant. Both are warm and welcoming and serve outstanding cuisine. Alongside this you'll find wonderful Champagne and tapas bar known as The Twankey Bar which is exceedingly popular with both locals and guests alike. Rooms are located in both the heritage buildings and the contemporary tower wing, but all continue to seamlessly merge history and modernity. Luxury Rooms have spectacular city or breathtaking mountain views overlooking the famous Table Mountain and the Taj Club Rooms and suites offer all the benefits of the executive Club Lounge including butler service, evening canapes, cocktails and private breakfast. One and Two Bedroom Suites are also available, perfect for the discerning traveller or for families. The award winning Jiva Grande Spa is one of its kind in Africa with unique and authentic wellness treatments and experiences. Also on offer is complimentary use of all wet areas, heated pool, and a high tech gymnasium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, DerbySoftTaj, Agoda, Southall Travel, Hotelopia, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Taj Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Cape Town Hotel Cape Town Central
- Taj Cape Town South Africa