“LOVED IT !!”

Ranked #42 of 109 Hotels in Cape Town Central
cape town
“LOVED IT !!”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Loved it.....loved it.....loved it.What else can I say ? Loved it !! Fantastic staff from front desk to porters !! So friendly and helpful.Loved it !!
Room an adsolute dream !! Will be back.
I can recommend this hotel to anybody visiting Cape Town.

Room Tip: Fifth floor facing mountain...eish.....wunderbar !
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Titusville, Florida
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Cape Town was the last stop on our first ever trip to South Africa, and we were not disappointed with African Pride 15 on Orange, which was booked for us by our travel agent. Our very spacious room was supplied with complimentary bottled water at the bedside, along with chocolates on the pillows and turn-down service. We were provided with complimentary internet access vouchers for each of our devices, which is necessary to maintaining connection with home 8000 miles away. The decor is very modern, and the elevator from the ground level up to reception is appointed with a gold couch... a quirky, but fun touch. Our room overlooks Cape Town, but you may also have a room which overlooks the reception and restaurant area. The concierge staff was very helpful, and got us squeezed into a fully booked restaurant on a Friday night. They offer complimentary transportation to and from the waterfront. If you are ever in Cape Town, consider staying here.

Room Tip: Make sure you have reservations to dine in local restaurants.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Hermanus, South Africa
Reviewed 28 September 2013

This was our first visit to this hotel and we were not disappointed. It compares favourably with other top hotels in and around Cape Town in which we have stayed. The location is convenient with on-site, secure parking. We liked the fact that we could get straight from the parking area to our suite on the 5th floor. The room was probably the most spacious and comfortable we have experienced. It was well designed and decorated. The sound-proofing was excellent. The absence of banging doors and flushing toilets in neighbouring rooms was much appreciated. The staff were efficient and friendly. Overall, a really pleasant stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I have stayed in the hotel for one evening in September 2013 whilst being on business in Cape Town. The hotel is situated excellently for business travel to Cape Town and is a walking distance from shops, Parliament etc. It is modern and the rooms are comfortable, nicely furnished and relaxing. Luv the bathroom and bed. The hotel staff were extremely friendly and helpful and it was really a joy to stay here. I will definitely book here on my next trip to Cape Town... Well done!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
south africa
Reviewed 25 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a few nights during December 2010 (very late in reviewing, I know!).
What a beautiful hotel & we were given an amazing room - luxurious is the only word that comes to mind. The location was really ideal as well for us to explore the city. Have to mention the spaghetti carbonara that I ordered (numerous times!) from room service/in-room dining - so so good!
We are hoping to stay here again on our next trip coming up - hope it will be every good as we remember!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for two nights during our honeymoon. The room was gorgeous and clean. I loved that we had a bathtub and that our sinks lit up! We had chilled champagne waiting for us in the room along with chocolates and a lady would come each evening to drop off a bottle of drinking water. We had breakfast every morning and there was a cocky girl but I didn't pay her any mind. I just went and got my breakfast at the great buffet. All in all, I really liked this hotel :-)

• Stayed April 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I have stayed at 15 on most occasions during my very frequent visits to Cape Town since 2010. I have been booking at the hotel for my business and leisure travel even at times when my engagements went as far as the cape winelands. The only times I have not booked at 15 is when it was fully booked.

A LOT of things have changed a lot from that very first time in 2010 to my recent visit in August 2013. Each time I have booked at the hotel I have observed the deterioration in the offering, each time I have decided to book on account of giving the hotel another chance. Not again!

My reasons for my unhappy review:
- the cleanliness of the rooms is absolutely far from satisfactory... my room had hair all over the place. In the shower, on the bathroom floor, on the pillows. I got the feeling that my occupation of the room had interrupted a clean up.

-the supply of amenities was lacking (compared to my prior stays). During those early days there was always a vanity pack in the bathroom, disposal bag, shower/bath gel, amongst a whole lot of other things... this time I was 'fortunately' afforded shampoo, soap, lotion and shower cap in the bathroom. That's all! Am not asking for the Dermalogica samples that were a treat in the early days, it was very appreciated then. Today I look for basic hotel amenities which seem to be no longer on offer! The box that was meant to contain the 2nd disposal bag was empty??? It is a good idea to pack your own cotton wool and shower gel if you believe you are going to need any.

-the hotel used to offer the luxury of docking stations for what i believed to be for the smart phone/mp3 player guest. These are no where to be seen.

-the bathroom door hinges were broken causing the door not to close properly

-the mini bar was understocked with only 2 beers and a few soft drinks and lots of gaps where one used to find a variety of items on offer including bottled water

-the hotel no longer offers newspapers in the morning outside the room.

-murano bar staff totally was clueless on menu items from both the restaurant menu and the light meals menu. The man had to go consult 3 times on each question I asked on the menu items.

-the aircon functioning has always been a mystery even during my satisfaction days with the hotel!

-at check in, I was offered prokard membership which I believed I already had. I had signed up at 15 after all. I had since opted out after being hounded by call centre agents for payment on the 'complimentary' membership. I gave the staff the go ahead to activate it...AGAIN. It was 'surprisingly' found that there is duplicate membership on the system. I rest my case!!!!

The clincher for me was my very last breakfast though... I ordered an omelette which was dropped off without any offer for toast or condiments. Upon asking for toast and chilli sauce on the side, I waited an entire 20 minutes for the toast to arrive and even longer for the chilli sauce (in a bottle). Upon complaining to the waiter he shrugged his shoulders. I received the same response from the lady attendant who was checking on our satisfaction of breakfast.

All in all I believe 15 set a very high standard which has been more than hard to maintain and which alienates the guests who liked the hotel for the luxury that it offered in its heydays!

My experience has shifted my view from a 5 to a 2 star experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an outside looking window and not the rooms that look into reception.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TSH010GP
DouglasAllen, General Manager at African Pride 15 On Orange Hotel, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Dear TSH010GP,

On behalf of African Pride Hotels, I would like to humbly apologise for your disappointing experience.

We would like to assure you that we, at African Pride Hotels, pride ourselves in delivering the best GUEST service and strive to get the basics right consistently. Your experience does not reflect the high standard we are usually proud to offer.

I confirm therefore that your concerns are being addressed in a serious light and that action is being taken to rectify any shortcomings in our service and facilities. I do however require some additional information from you to discuss your feedback in more detail as we are unable to locate your reservation details with your TripAdvisor profile name.

Your interest and concern are extremely valuable to us and value your feedback as an extremely important tool in our day to day operations, as this helps us to improve on our service delivery.

Kind regards,

Cape Town Hollow
#50 of 109 in Cape Town Central
The Westin Cape Town
#26 of 109 in Cape Town Central
Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape To...
#52 of 109 in Cape Town Central

Been to African Pride 15 On Orange Hotel? Share your experiences!