“Top Hotel at the heart of Cape Town”

African Pride 15 On Orange Hotel
Ranked #37 of 108 Hotels in Cape Town Central
“Top Hotel at the heart of Cape Town”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I stayed at 15 on Orange for a midweek break in November!! It was absolutely amazing, the hotel rooms were absolutely suberb and the whole experience mind blowing!!
The interior are magic and decorated beyond my expectations. The food and service was World Class!!

One thing is for sure I am going back!!

Room Tip: Room with a view to the mountain
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
DouglasAllen, General Manager at African Pride 15 On Orange Hotel, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear Sandra S

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive feedback after your recent stay with us.

We are delighted to receive your commendations about the impressive service offered and the hotel design. Please be assured that I will congratulate our TEAM for doing a great job!

We look forward to welcoming you back to 15 on Orange hotel!

Kind regards,

Douglas Allen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Centurion, South Africa
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This is real luxury hotel! a working distance to the Market, National Library and Iziko Museum and famous Long Street hotspots. The a la carte meals at the restaurant are tasteful but the service is a bit slow between meals. The breakfast buffet has ample variety and lots of opulent seating space. The rooms are real 5**** adorned by beautiful glass Art works. the lighting on the corridors is a bit to dark for my liking but assume it is the trend. Downside! the hotel still bears a sign for Gym but the gym is non existent and you have to visit the nearby Virgin Active, of which the hotel is prepared to drive you there (this discovered when I was looking up and down for the gym). Overall experience is excellent and value for money. My hotel of choice in Cape Town I f you want to explore the CBD.

Room Tip: no preference
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Koki80
Dear Koki80

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay and
would like to apologise for the slow service in the restaurant. We will address the issue immediately to ensure our GUESTS receive only the best service at all times.

I am sorry to hear that you were not informed about the gym being under construction but next year we will have our newly renovated gym availible for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Kind regards
London
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

Real wow factor throughout the building, inside and out, from reception, through the lobby, bar and restaurant, to the lifts and rooms. Great views of table mountain, usually covered with its table cloth :(
Unfortunately, that sets an expectation for the service that the staff do not universally meet - some are very good, all are friendly and helpful, but there were a few clunks, like not working out that my wife and I were in one room and our daughter in another - she didn't mind getting two chocolates every night, but they were a bit grown up for her taste :(
Also got some dodgy direction to the Robben Island boat, but got a lot of help getting a booking for restaurants.
Only ate in once in three days, for breakfast on the first morning, enough said, agree with other comments about buffet, good but not as good as you expect.
Don't get me wrong, this is a very good hotel, especially if you get a good rate, but I think it still needs to lift its game to get full marks.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
DouglasAllen, General Manager at African Pride 15 On Orange Hotel, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear Chuff_J

We welcome your feedback regarding your recent stay at 15 on Orange Hotel.
Your concerns about the service are most certainly not the standard which we strive for. Please accept my sincere apologies and I can assure you that this has been addressed with the TEAM.
Regarding our breakfast buffet please note that there is also an option of ala carte menu which might be of more satisfaction .
I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and that we can make up for the shortcomings of this stay.

Kind regards
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a long weekend in cape town and was impressed at the entire hotel.

The desing is simply amazing with many rooms facing the loby (wouldn't like to stay in one of those but nevertheless they look cool).

The staff is very friendly and attended to all my requests. The room service food was sooo good.

I rented a suite and because it was low season (winter) the price was very cheap. The suites are huge with very cook bathrooms and living areas.

I also recomment using the hotel taxi service for that added sense of luxury.

Will definitely book there when I return to cape town

Room Tip: Get a suite as they have very nice views and the rooms are gigantic
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Grao_Mestre_V
DouglasAllen, General Manager at African Pride 15 On Orange Hotel, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear Grao_Mestre_V,

I am delighted to hear that you were amazed with the design and enjoyed staying in the suite so much.

It most certainly seems like you had a wonderful stay and that is what we aim to achieve for every GUEST.

Your comments are therefore much appreciated, and we hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back to African Pride 15 on Orange hotel again soon.

Kind regards,

African Pride 15 on Orange Hotel
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Our Wedding Night was the best ever and it's all thanks to the extremely helpful BanquetingTeam. My Bride had no worries at all and had minimal stress. They were kind enough to give us an early check in for her to get dressed in and they gave us a comp upgrade to one of their Penthouses on the night of our Wedding.

The food was beyond scrumptious and each and every guest was so impressed with the presentation of the food and the tastes and flavours, especially because it was a buffet.

Service was excellent all round and they really make you feel special. Such a luxurious Hotel with lovely spacious rooms and they made us and our guests feel like we were VIPs due to our Wedding hosted there.

This is the best Hotel in the city centre and we look forward to returning on our one year anniversary.

Really the best day of our lives and we couldn't have asked for a better day/night.

Room Tip: Get a moutain facing room and the higher you go in the Hotel, the better your view. Take friends fo...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Aries_Globe_Trotters
DouglasAllen, General Manager at African Pride 15 On Orange Hotel, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear Aries_Globe_Trotters,

Thank you for a fantastic review and for choosing to share this momentous day with us!

We are delighted to receive your commendations about the impressive service offered and please be assured that I will congratulate our TEAM on doing a great job.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your one year anniversary.

Warm regards
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Unnecessarily big rooms and even bigger bathrooms that simply felt vacant, over the top (sadly not very sophisticated) cold contemporary design, friendly yet mostly incompetent service, very impersonal atmosphere in lobby and restaurant. A surreal feeling of emptiness pervades the place.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Lots of my friends like 15 on Orange, a lot. I'm not so sure I do. Yes; the decor is great, the styling funky (if a little over the top) and the bedrooms are enormous and very well appointed with comfortable beds and linen and great appointments...But... (and there's always a 'but' isn't there) I just found it lacked something. A touch of humanity maybe? The service was there, to an extent, but yet whilst it was reasonable it was coldly impersonal. Sadly, after a great night's sleep the buffet breakfast was horrible, with an offering worse than those you usually expect at a Holiday Inn. Underripe melon and overripe kiwi fruit. Turgid bain marie scrambled eggs and limp cold greasy-grey bacon/sausages... Then the door leading from the restaurant to the outside patio which was propped open by a pebble to stop it closing and locking, led to the deck itself which was overflowing with coffee cups and ashtrays that had seemingly been there for hours if. Not overnight. For me, it just summarised the lack of finesse, finishing touches and staff awareness. I do appreciate this review seems disjointed which is probably because this is how I'm thinking of the hotel right now. I enjoyed parts of it and was very disappointed with others. Would I go back? Not to spend my own cash ( and I was here this time as part of a client conference) as I think overall; for what it is - it's overpriced and doesn't quite ring true. I'm sorry, but if it were my money I feel there are better places to spend it. And now I feel guilty for writing this! But it needed to be said.

Room Tip: Go high and ask for a room that isn't at the end of a long corridor!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
City Bowl
Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel
Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel
#34 of 108 in Cape Town Central
Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marr...
#79 of 108 in Cape Town Central

Been to African Pride 15 On Orange Hotel? Share your experiences!