We had a two bedroom suite on the 3rd floor with a wrap around balcony facing Table Mountain. The suite was very spacious with floor to ceiling sliding windows. Each bedroom had its own en-suite, one with a shower, the other with a bathtub with handheld shower.
Good kitchen with washer and dryer so we could do our own laundry. The cutlery/glassware was a bit hit and miss. 3 champagne glasses rather than 4. When I left a note on the counter asking the maid for a 4th glass, it was ignored. I had to go to the front desk to ask for a 4th glass. Instead I got 4 additional glasses, making a total of 7.
Each bathroom started with 2 bath towels and 2 hand towels. As our two week stay progressed we would sometimes get no replacement hand towels, sometimes 1, sometimes both. One never knew what one would get towel-wise each day.
The suite however was always clean and our cups, glasses, cutlery were always washed for us. The suite floor was always washed daily.
The suite and bedrooms faced Somerset and were EXTREMELY noisy each night, all night (and I do mean ALL night). This is a party part of the city and thumping music from Cubana restaurant/bar across the street went on until 6am. The suite was also above a gas station which is also busy all night long. I was glad that I had brought good earplugs because they were definitely needed. Some friends were staying in one bedroom suites and the bedrooms were away from the windows and they had no problems with external noise.
The balcony was very nice but the balcony furniture needed to be cleaned and never was.
The wifi used a router in the suite but the signal easily dropped and one would have to log back in. Also, only one person could be logged in at a time so if you have more than one computer or smart phone, it can only be one person at a time. There was a small 60 mb limit per day and one had to get a new login code each day.
TV could stand to have more stations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally & conveniently located in trendy De Waterkant Village in Greenpoint, just 20 min from Cape Town International Airport & moments away from the hussle & bussle of Cape Town CBD, The V&A Waterfront & some of the trendiest shopping & dining venues.Offering an enticing blend of contemporary urban style & inner-city excitement, surrounded by the natural beauty for which Cape Town is famous. Comprising 39 two-bedroom apartments, 17 one-bedroom apartments & 3 lavish penthouses – all boasting separate bedrooms & bathrooms, fully-equipped kitchens & a generous lounge area, allowing for self-catering entertainment within a chic urban setting. Outdoor entertaining is equally attractive, with private balconies affording magnificent views of Table Mountain, Signal Hill, Fan Park & the Cape Town harbour.The new state-of-the-art conference facilities are ideal for large events to intimate board meetings. Equipped with modern data projectors & Wi-Fi.Additional features include: Bar Lounge, Restaurant,Gym & wellness area, heated indoor pool, health & beauty treatment suite, 24hr security & undercover parking.The Rockwell All Suite Hotel & Apartments truly is your home away from home… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Rockwell All Suite Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rockwell All Hotel Cape Town Central
- Rockwell All Suite Hotel Cape Town, South Africa