“Best way to see Cape Town for tourists and locals”

City Sightseeing Cape Town
and up
Cape Point Explorer from Cape Town
Ranked #1 of 331 Tours in Cape Town Central
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the best way to see Cape Town. Our red open-top buses take you on hop-on, hop-off tours: Red City Tour via Table Mountain and scenic Blue Mini Peninsula Tour via Kirstenbosch and Camps Bay.
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Best way to see Cape Town for tourists and locals”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The first time that I used the bus was in Florence Italy and was very impressed with the commentary and efficiency - to see Cape Town in this way you get to see a lot of buildings and attractions that you would simply drive or walk past if you tried to do it on your own. Great way to get around with the family.

Visited April 2014

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Good experience”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Exploring the City of Cape Town and surrounds is easily accessible by using City Sightseeing Cape Town buses.
Purchase the two day package - that allows you to hop on / hop off both the Red route and Blue route buses + a boat tour of the V & A Waterfront canal waterways and a trip to Signal Hill.
It is much more relaxed to travel the bus to the interest destinations and stop over for a meal or refreshment or closer visit.
Even if you live in the City of Cape Town, take the bus! It is an experience you should not let escape you.
I highly recommend this tour.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Samuel C
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Awesome experience!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I took the long route via Hout Bay. We had such an awesome time and would recommend the trip to anyone visiting the V&A Waterfront. Love the fact that we could spend time at various locations along the route and then just wait for the next bus to arrive to travel further.

Visited November 2013
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“OPEN TOP RELAXED BUS RIDE...”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Well worth the ride for a newbie in town. A few routes to chose from - from the V&A Waterfront via Hout Bay, Kirstenbosch, just depends how far you want to travel and how long you have. Great for summer in Cape Town

Visited January 2014
1 Thank DEAR1234
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Lovely experience”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I've lived in Cape Town all my life. I'm not really a nature and sightseeing kind of person. When my family came to Cape Town for a holiday they had the Red Bus trip on their to-do list and convinced us to join them. I am SO glad I agreed. I've seen the absolute beauty of Cape Town for the very first time. The friendly driver and the prompt arrivals and departures as per the schedules impressed me and I was really proud to be a Capetonian. The weather was perfect. We stopped off at Kirstenbosch and enjoyed a wine tasting at Constantia and then on to Hout Bay for a boat trip to Seal Island - what an experience. We then had a lovely plate of fish and chips at Fish on the Rocks. An absolute must if you love fish and calamari - you cannot get enough. When we were done the bus arrived dead on time and took us back to the Waterfront via Camps Bay. Oh we just loved it - we've decided to do it again. It is a fantastic way to spend a Saturday or Sunday if you work during the week. A wonderful way to see Cape Town!

Visited February 2014