We have just returned from our 9th trip to South Africa. We go each year to participate in the Cape Mental Health Int'l Kite Festival. But we always spend about week visiting friends, doing safari and enjoying Cape Town.
This year we stayed at the Pepper Club as a friend owns one of the units. We did pay a reduced rental fee but on-line discounts are certainly affordable for this upscale property.
We had few bumps during our stay (a stranger was issued the same key to our room, sent to a restaurant that had closed 6 months earlier, phone in the room didn't work until they fixed it at our request), but the staff was very attentive and accomodating once these problems were addressed with the manager.
The location is not near the waterfront (walking is possible though), but we really enjoyed being near the clubs, newest restaurants, eclectic shopping and in an area that was still quite safe and loaded with local flair and architecture. We also really enjoyed walking through the "Company Gardens" which is quite large and uniquely different than Kirstenbosch. Kirstenbosch has a fee to get in but quite worth the cost.(Company Gardens do not),
Enjoy a drink on the outside deck for a bit of people watching. I understand the Jazz on weekends is excellent though we missed it by being there on a Monday-Wednesday.
Weather was perfect for walking around but not too hot.
Ask for a room on a higher floor with views of Table Mountain. We were on the 16th.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bound by Loop, Long, Pepper and Bloem Street, Pepperclub Hotel & Spa is situated in the heart of bustling Cape Town and at the foot of renowned Table Mountain and Lions Head. The hotel not only offers the ideal location, but also five star comfort and personalised service to suit the needs of both leisure and business travellers. Inspired by New York's chic interiors, the hotel consists of 210 generously appointed suites, all of which include spectacular views of Cape Town. Facilities at the hotel include, among others, the intimate Odeon cinema, a fully-equipped gymnasium and a swimming pool with panoramic views. Cayenne Spa, tucked away on the 8th floor of the hotel, offers sanctuary for guests with its modern aura and eclectic menu of modern treatments. Located on the ground floor is Pepperclub's exclusive Paparazzi Bar & Lounge and in-house restaurant, Sinatra's, which combines a stylish and modern setting with a menu inspired by European continental cuisine. The hotel also offers guests scheduled complimentary shuttles to the V&A Waterfront and Camps Bay, home to one of South Africa's most beautiful and picturesque beachfronts. It is here that you will also find our beach club facilities. Hotel guests will have exclusive VIP access to the beach club's showers, private lockers and changing and restroom facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Pepperclub Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pepper Club Luxury Hotel And Spa
- Pepper Club Luxury Hotel Cape Town Central
- Pepperclub Hotel & Spa Cape Town, South Africa