“Central and convenient” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pepperclub Hotel & Spa

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Pepperclub Hotel & Spa
Ranked #47 of 106 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Hermanus, Western Cape, South Africa
“Central and convenient”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

i had a wonderful stay, the staff are all so very helpful and attentive. However, my first night was extrememly noisy. There was a street fight and loud vagrants, whom were not addressed until 3.15am by the police. The next night was better though. I advise you to ensure you book to stay on the Loop street side of the hotel as it is much quieter. But you are in central town, so noise is unavoidable.

Room Tip: Book on Loop street side, as high up as possible.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Kathryn M
Pepper_Club_PR, Public Relations Manager at Pepperclub Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for reviewing the Pepperclub Hotel and Spa on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is appreciated.

We are pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us and found the location of the hotel to be of convenience.

Our sincere apologies for the noise levels you experienced. Due to being a city centre hotel, we are faced with disturbances from time to time. However, I would like to assure you that we do our utmost to try to contain the noise levels. We are in constant communication with the local authorities in order to manage and ensure that the noise is kept down to an absolute minimum.

Kind regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed for one night at Pepper Club in downtown Cape Town and truly enjoyed the hotel. Its a real 5 star experience and was especially impressed with large size rooms and bathroom. Although the area can be a bit noisy with Long Street around the corner, we stayed on the Loop street side with views over Signal Hill and was very quiet. The room with spacious balcony is simply great and what I personally prefer when traveling on business is a large bathroom with walk in shower and Pepper Club offers this. The lobby lounge bar is a great feature and very friendly service. If there is one thing to improve it is the restaurant. Although the quality of the food is great, the restaurant is missing a bit of character and seems to be stuffed away in a corner behind the bar. They can make more out of this I believe. But in summary, a great hotel and if you are more keen on clubbing than shopping at the Waterfront, excellent location and walking distance to many restaurants, convention centre and shops.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rbosman
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

My visit at the Pepperclub was unfortunately very brief as I attended a meeting facilitated by the German Chamber of Commerce. On arrival from the parking (big bonus) I was welcomed and taken to the appropriate person who courteously walked me to where I need to be, what a treat. Passing through I noticed tasteful enclaves perfect for the meetings happening, note to self. The conference rooms were a bit clumsy to access with only one staircase at the back of the building but the delicious pastries made up for it. On departure the bank of lovely staff promptly attended to my parking ticket and graciously listened to my rambling entreaties for them to visit the Chavonnes Battery Museum at the Clock Tower, V&A. I will be back...

1 Thank ChavonnesMUSEUM
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

This is an excellent boutique hotel! My room was nicely appointed and had great views of Table Mountain. Loved the breakfast each morning. My only compliant is that we could hear lots of noise from Long Street. It kept me up most of the night.

Great location in Cape Town, lots of restaurants within walking distance. It is about a 20 min walk to the V&A Waterfront which was enjoyable. If you don't feel like walking it is a short taxi ride.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from Long Street. It is extremely noisy on Thurs, Fri & Sat nights.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

We had booked a family suit. The master bedroom had amazing view of Table Mountains. The best view I can say as we stayed there for 3 days and had seen Table Mountains form all sides possible. Nothing could match that.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SANIIS
Pepper_Club_PR, Public Relations Manager at Pepperclub Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us on TripAdvisor. Your feedback was warmly received.

We are pleased to hear that you had a lovely stay with us and enjoyed the picturesque views we have to offer. The hotel is extremely privileged to be located right in front of Table Mountain.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment, hopefully in the near future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

My usual accommodation in Cape Town was not available and a friend recommended The Pepper Club in Loop Str Cape Town. From the moment I arrived, on a late night incoming flight the service was excellent. Reception, information and directions were all good. The rooms are very well proportioned and well maintained. In the rooms the only drawback was the hard towels. Not nice after a long day and a good soak in the bath. The other problem I had was the attitude of the Resturant staff. I am not sure why but it appeared as if I was not trusted to settle the bill for an extra guest I had invited as part of a working breakfast. Irony of it all was that when I checked out I had to inform them that they had not included the extra guest on my bill. Apart from the latter, the hotel is an excellent stay and the breakfast in the hotel is very good.

2 Thank Eugene S
Rotherham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I did not choose the hotel for my recent business trip but i was also not disapointed with the choice made for me.
The location and view (from my room) was excellent.
The staff, everyone of them, were friendly and talkative. My coffee was poored before I could sit down at breakfast and the choice of eggs always explained even when I only wanted toast :-)
The evening staff were just as helpfull and friendly especially the bubbly Nicola (Ithink it was).
The choice of evening meals was a little short for a two week stay but on request there was some flexability, thank you.
As previous reviews have stated the noise on some nights was a little too loud and could drone on, this was again the case even on the 14th floor but by no way a complaint about the hotel.
Thank you and hopefully see you next year
Dave M

1 Thank Midd6194
Thank you for the review you kindly posted on TripAdvisor. You feedback was appreciated and valued.

We are pleased to note that you had an enjoyable stay at the Pepperclub Hotel & Spa and thank you for the compliments on Nicola and the rest of our team. Rest assured that your feedback has been passed on to all management to commend their team on their service excellence.

We look forward to welcoming you back to hotel on your next business trip.