Hilton have only operated this hotel in Cape Town since April 2011, having acquired it from the previous owners, so it is still undergoing the transformation into the Hilton Brand.
We found all the staff to be very warm and welcoming, nothing was too much trouble.
The room was spacious and very clean. Our room had a view of Table Mountain. Unfortunately the toiletries are not the usual Hilton offering of Crabtree & Evelyn but a rather unpleasant smelling brand. The bottles are clearly topped up during housekeeping as both our shower gel and conditioner had not been replenished, however the towels were large, white fluffy ones a pleasant surprise as of late Hilton seem to have been putting hankerchief sized "shower" towels in their rooms!
The Executive Lounge is not fully functional at the moment, it appears to have been a conference room which has hastily been turned into a Lounge, it is on a lower floor with absolutely no view, which is unusual for a Hilton who's Lounges are usual on higher floors affording great views of whichever city you are in, perhaps this is something that will be changed once the transition is fully completed.
The building itself has certainly seen better days and is need of some TLC in the public areas which resemble a 70's office block.
They operate a complimentary shuttle service from the hotel to the V&A Waterfront which is brilliant if you want to have a meal and drink away from the hotel.
We ate in the North Indian Restaurant in the hotel, the food, service and value for money was all excellent and well worth a visit.
Without doubt once the Hilton brand is rolling the hotel will be an asset to the Cape Town Hotel scene, I sincerely hope they keep their greatest asset which is the staff, we will definitely stay on our next visit to Cape Town!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of South Africa's second largest city at the foot of Table Mountain, the Hilton Cape Town City Centre hotel is only 20 minutes from Cape Town Airport and is close to many shops and businesses, the wine district, a variety of beaches and the National Parliament. All of the modern Guest Rooms at this Cape Town hotel boast large windows, 32-inch LCD TVs and complimentary wireless internet access. Upgrade to an Executive Room for stunning views of Table Mountain or the city and access to the Executive Lounge, with complimentary breakfast, canapés and drinks. Hold a conference for up to 120 guests in one of 6 meeting rooms or 2 board rooms, which offer the very latest in audio/visual technology and ensure your event is a success with our business center. Indulge in an all-day dining experience in the elegant Mezbaan restaurants(Halaal certified by ICSA) and sip cocktails and relax with a fragrant shisha pipe in the exotic Signal Hill Terrace Lounge and Restaurant. Work out in our Fitness Center or soak up the glorious South African sunshine and stunning views of the Bo-Kaap and Table Mountain in the outdoor swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Agoda, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Hilton Cape Town City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Cape Town City Centre Hotel Cape Town Central
- Hilton Cape Town City Centre South Africa