“Table Mountain View available”

Hilton Cape Town City Centre
Ranked #41 of 109 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Breitenfurt
“Table Mountain View available”
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Do not book the “executive rooms” – they do not have any ! All rooms have the same size, only one per storey is a little bigger (number 17), and the reception desk does not know about those executive rooms. We complained, got a bottle of champagne, and a room with mountain view on the next day. Breakfast ok, free hourly shuttle to the waterfront, 100 meters to the next hop on / hop off station (recommendable !), garage car parking for only 90 rand a day. Pool area a bit small.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
MarkusFritz, General Manager at Hilton Cape Town City Centre, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Hilton Cape Town City Centre.

The Hop-on-Hop-off bus is a great value add to our location and I appreciate your recommendation to other potential guests.

I regret to learn that you were not entirely satisfied with your Executive room. I do however want to clarify that the Executive room type is not sold as a bigger room, but only a room with additional benefits such as access to the Executive Lounge and it's amenities. Please accept my sincere apologies if you were mislead in any way.

The building and layout does give a bit more space to certain rooms, but this is not linked to necessarily linked to specific room types, with exception of the Suites.

We constantly strive to improve our services and appreciate your feedback.

Looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Markus Fritz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I stayed here for six nights while in Cape Town on business and was impressed with the hotel's combination of quality service, central location, and overall value.

The staff are generally quite efficient and unfailingly courteous. Both check-in and check-out were handled quickly. Staff were pleasant and helpful in all areas of the hotel - concierge, porter, housekeeping, executive lounge, restaurant. The only minor shortcoming was this: when calling the hotel's main Guest Services phone line, sometimes the staff answered promptly but on several occasions there was no answer at all.

The hotel is centrally located within easy walking distance of Parliament, St George's Cathedral, and a plethora of shops and restaurants. The more touristy Waterfront area is an easy 10-minute taxi ride away. I had a spectacular view of the Bo Kaap neighborhood and Table Bay from my balcony.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
MarkusFritz, General Manager at Hilton Cape Town City Centre, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Hilton Cape Town City Centre.

We strive to ensure our patrons experience the best visits possible during their travels and I am delighted to learn that you experienced true Hilton Hospitality. Your positive comments is appreciated and I have shared your review with my team.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused due to shortcoming in service received from our Guest Services Department. Our Front Office Manager has taken the necessary steps for immediate service improvement in this area.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our location in the Historical Bo-Kaap and view of the beautiful Table Bay.

Looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I stayed here for two nights while on the Cape Town leg of a South Africa vacation. The hotel is nicely maintained, the service was amazing and it was in a great location. We could walk to Long Street (bars, restuarants, etc) and also the Green Market Square (vendors). Our room was clean, the hotel has free Wi-fi and the breakfast food was amazing. We also had a great view of Table Mountain and downtown Cape Town. I would definitely recommend staying here. The only reason I didn't give the hotel 5 stars is the prayer that blared on a loud speaker from the mosque nearby that woke me up each morning at 5:30am.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
MarkusFritz, General Manager at Hilton Cape Town City Centre, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for writing about your recent stay at the Hilton Cape Town City Centre.

I was pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you enjoyed the free Wifi and majestic view of Table Mountain.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience and frustration you experienced with regards noise level in the room. Due to our location in the historical Bo-Kaap area, we are surrounded by the culture and traditions of the community. For a future stay, I can suggest requesting a pool facing view, which will be facing the opposite direction from the Mosque and limit noise level to the minimum.

I would like to invite you to contact me prior to your next visit, so I may meet with you and ensure you receive a room of the best quality and location.

york
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Stayed 11 - 24 march 2012. Overall this was an excellent base for seeing Cape Town. With a 5 minute steady walk to get into the centre we were able to see all the main sites there without transport. We used the free shuttle to the waterfront most days and found this an excellent service allowing us to see other sites and visit Robbens Island. A taxi ride from the waterfront back to the hotel being only 40 rand after the shuttle's last run at 6pm. The staff at the concierge were excellent and organised transport to and from the airport. This was probably a little more expensive than normal taxis but worth every rand for the service. They organised two 1 day trips for us with tour companies which proved to be excellent choices.
This is not a pure tourist hotel and I found it all the better for it. We found our room very comfortable and clean. There were some little niggles but nothing of any consequence which distracted from our enjoyment. If you don't get your room cleaned just check you have not switched the 'do not disturb' sign on. Easily done. As for the amenities, those we used we enjoyed. The pool is small but you do not get crowds around it. There is a bar if you need a drink although in some areas you cannot get drinks with your meal.
Overall we really enjoyed staying here and found it good value for money. I must admit to having doubts about this hotel after reading some of the reviews but now, we would have no hesitation in returning here.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
MarkusFritz, General Manager at Hilton Cape Town City Centre, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
Dear Valued Guest

I was delighted to read that you were able to enjoy sightseeing by making use of the services offered by our Concierge Desk . Your positive feedback regarding their excellent service is greatly appreciated and has been share with the rest of my team.

Please accept my apologies for any delays you may have experienced due to the Do No Disturb "light" system. I am very happy to report that we are in the process of replacing these with a standard door card, which would avoid challenges in Housekeeping service moving forward.

I trust that we will be able to welcome you back for more refreshing drinks poolside!

Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Check-in was easy and efficient. They were able to upgrade us to the executive floor, and the room we had was very nice, very clean, modern, and comfortable. There was a good sized desk, and a couple of chairs. The bathroom was very modern, with seperate tub, and seperate shower. We had a great Table Mountain view from the room. We enjoyed breakfast in the executive lounge each morning - the coffee was especially good! Plus the executive lounge was a great place to enjoy a cold drink in the afternoon or early evening after being out all day; they provided some light snacks early evening. The hotel location was very good for us doing sightseeing on the red and blue busses. The red bus was about a 3 minute walk away, and the blue bus was about 7 minutes away. All of the staff we met, from check-in, to exective lounge, to consierge, were all very friendly and eager to please. Would not hesitate recommending this hotel to others.

1 Thank ats262m
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for writing about your recent stay at The Hilton Cape Town City Centre.

I was pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you would recommend Hilton Cape Town City Centre to others.

It is very rewarding to know that our efforts to provide superior service and hospitality are being represented by our team. These positive comments about our team are greatly appreciated and I have thanked them personally.

I am delighted that you enjoyed quick and easy access to the Hop-on-Hop-off Bus and I trust that you were able to create beautiful memories during your stay in Cape Town.

Looking forward to welcome you back soon!

Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 17 March 2012

The hotel is beautiful, nicely furnished, clean, comfortable. I must praise our room 516, I think it was bigger than most of the standard rooms, and we had fantastic views of the Table Mountain and Bo Kaap area. If I'm going back, I want the same room again! :)
Check in was quick, all hotel staff were nice, concierge fantastic! They can help you arrange many kind of tours. The shuttle bus to the V & A Waterfront is very convenient, from 09 am till 18 pm. The hotel has 2 cars, one of them is a very luxurious and comfy Mercedes, we used it a few times and they are charging rates as any normal taxi would.
The location is very convenient for a city center location, the tourist bus line (Red) is very near, the other line (Blue) is a few minutes away.
I loved the Boo Kaap as well with their colorful little houses. The area is absolutely safe. Long Street and the Green street market are nearby. V & A 5-10 minutes by car.
Breakfast was good. They have a few meals which you can order from the menu, but is included in the breakfast cost. I tried the blueberry pancake once. Very thick, very different from your average pancake, but very delicious, try it!
And now the 1% dissatisfaction: when we got the bill in the end there was some items from the minibar we didn't take (actually we didn't take anything). I have read in previous reviews it has happened to others as well. I know it's a small amount, and it got deleted immediately when we said we didn't drink it, but why do you want to destroy the perfect experience in the end? Some people might fall for it and you get some extra money, but most people won't and it can do sirius demages to your reputation. If it's some system error or staff mistake, do something to improve it! That's the only thing to complain about and it should be a very easy task to change it. Otherwise everything was excellent and hope we will be back soon!

Room Tip: I loved our room 516! Big room, big bathroom, great view!
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Hilton Cape Town City Centre.

How wonderful to know that you were able to enjoy the heritage and culture of the historic
Bo Kaap Area!

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused due to a billing error. We are currently revising our mini bar controls procedure and hope to provide a more efficient service in future.

I am very happy that you enjoyed the Majestic views of Table Mountain from your room and encourage you to request you favourite room for any future bookings and we will do our best to accommodate your special request.

Looking forward to welcome you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Hilton recently bought this older hotel property near the Parliament buildings in Cape Town and have done a very creditable job of bringing it up to date.

We stayed there twice and twice were given a beautifully designed modern room and bathroom.The room was well equipped though clearly aimed more at the single business man than at couples on holiday.

It is a typical city centre hotel. Space is at a premium so everything is a bit squashed.Small pool, no garden space.Pleasant helpful staff

The neighbourhood at night seemed a bit lugubre

The hotel has a free shuttle to the Waterfront complex

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank roger39
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Hilton Cape Town City Centre.

I appreciate your compliments regarding Hilton's take-over of the property. I am proud to announce that we are celebrating our 1st birthday anniversary on 08 May. It has been a very successful year. This being said, I look forward to even further improvements planned for 2012.

Even though as mentioned we are a City hotel, I am very happy that you enjoyed the modern design of our rooms and friendliness of our team members on both occasions.

Your loyalty to the brand is appreciated and I look forward to meet you personally on a future stay.