“Great room and friendly service”

Hilton Cape Town City Centre
Ranked #41 of 109 Hotels in Cape Town Central
München
“Great room and friendly service”
Reviewed 21 April 2012

We enjoyed our 3-night stay in Hilton. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location is very good, with the hourly shuttle going to Waterfront. One complain is the breakfast it was always over-crowded loud and messy. Other than that everything was nicely arranged from the arrival to the departure. The room was spacious enough, the bathroom was very modern and nice. The view from our window to the Table Mountain was wonderful. Thanks a lot for a great service!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
MarkusFritz, General Manager at Hilton Cape Town City Centre, responded to this review, 17 May 2012
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Hilton Cape Town City Centre.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed the space and modern decor offered by your hotel room, as well as the complimentary shuttle to the Waterfront during the day.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience experienced in the breakfast restaurant. Although this cannot change your unfortunate experience, I am happy to advise that planning is underway for expansion and remodelling of Bistro 126 and should be completed by 2013.

Your positive comments regarding our staff is appreciated and I have shared this with the rest of my team.

Looking forward to welcome you back soon!

Markus Fritz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We stayed 4 nights on our SA adventure and what a great experience. We were greated with excellent service, our room was upgraded to a suite and the housekeeping staff was most accommodating . We had access to the executive lounge which serves a wonderful hot breakfast with pastries, yogurt, cereal and eggs. They have a happy hour from 6-9 with light snacks and free spirits,beer and wine. The room was very comfortable, the frosted bathroom doors did not bother me but I could see how this would if you traveled with a friend. The hotel is close to the waterfront but you still to take a taxi or the hotel car will take you.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a great view of table mountain
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Patti B
MarkusFritz, General Manager at Hilton Cape Town City Centre, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Hilton Cape Town City Centre.

Your loyalty to the brand is greatly appreciated and I am delighted that we were able to upgrade your room. I am happy to know that you enjoyed our added the amenities offered in our Executive lounge.

Your positive comments regarding our excellent service and accommodating housekeeping staff is appreciated and have been shared with my team!

I look forward to personally welcome you back on a future visit.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2012 via mobile

I really cannot fault the hotel. Great staff, modern very comfortable rooms, lovely bathrooms. My only complain it that the restaurants are halal and alcohol is only served in a bar hidden away on the Mezzanine floor by the pool.

Breakfast is good but spoiled by no bacon or proper sausages. I'm sorry but chicken sausages are not sausages. I've no problems with the avoidance of pork and alcohol, but don't force it on your guests, especially with an international chain like Hilton!

Other than this it would have been full marks.

Stayed April 2012
Dear Valued Guest

Your comfort is our top priority and I am delighted that you enjoyed the modern decor of your hotel room.

In an effort to meet the needs of our diverse guests and the communities in which we operate, Hilton Cape Town City Centre provides a Halaal-friendly environment. As you have mentioned alcohol is served in our Signal Hill Terrace and lounge, as well as In room dining and the Executive Lounge.

Please accept my apologies if the information was not commincated to you. I hope this did not negatively affect your stay and that you were still able to create magical memories in Cape Town.

Your positive feedback regarding our staff is appreciated and we look forward to welcome you back soon!

Basingstoke, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Excellent service by all staff from front door to maids to housekeeping & bars.
This is a relatively new re-vamped hotel and it shows. The staff could'nt do enough for you. My lady misplaced her pashmina in the bar one night and house keeping went into overdrive. Found ! :¬)
The area it is in, is away from the hullabaloo of the V&A but there's an hourly free shutlle service from the hotel to there.
Being a bit more in the suburbs you can park your hire car outside. We did all week and the money saved had a night cap and a cherry Hookah pipe served in the lovely open area bar.
Non smokers dont be put off as its more a fruity aroma than a carcenogenic haze (we actually dont smoke but gave it a go).
The pool is small but functional and there are sunbeds and a sun-sofa to laze on whilst looking up at Signal Hill. The steam box sauna was available way past mid-night for an end of day relax. Three couples comfy I'd say.
Our room on the 6th had an excellent view of Signal Hill. Floors 7-8 above this you pay extra for so ask to go as high as you can on your budget. Let the business types have the lower :¬P
There's not much around the area at night. A bar 100m towards Signal hill is nice. So drive toward Camps Bay on the road outside. When you pass Raffiki's (it rocks there) park up and mooch about for your delight.
A lot of hotels in Cape Town look a bit tired or cost more for their location. This place was far better value for comfort, service, location, rooms and parking.
Finally crime in S.A. Dont let it put you off or worry you. We felt no more unsafe than we do in London.

Room Tip: Ask to go as high as you can and face Signal Hill or Table Mountain
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest

I am very proud to read of my team's efforts to assist your partner in locating her missing pashmina. Integrity is a very important Hilton value and such reports make me very proud to be part of such an amazing team.

I am happy that you were able to enjoy a new experience, The Shisha bar, as well as the opportunity to relax on our beautiful Signal Hill Terrace.

Your positive feedback and comments are appreciated. Looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Fairbanks, Alaska
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Really no complaints - very nice facility, helpful staff.
Two comments: 1. Bathroom set up is quite strange. There's a large frosted glass sliding door rather than the usual solid hinged door. If anyone is staying here with a friend rather than an intimate partner, I imagine things could get rather strange when it came time to use the toilet or shower.
2. Chose your location. This is city center, near restaurants, galleries, Green Market (street sellers, great place for gifts, esp if you like to bargain), Long St (restaurants, bars). It's perhaps 2-3 km to the waterfront which is also a great destination - the hotel has a shuttle and you can take a cab for not too many ZAR. But if you want to stay at the waterfront, then this hotel won't get you there. Tho the same could be said about a waterfront hotel and wanting to be at city center.
I spent 3 nights here visiting from the US and had a great time in Cape Town which is a must see destination on any trip to S Africa.

Room Tip: The bathroom 'door' thing is odd, not sure if you can ask for a more traditional set up when...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
MarkusFritz, General Manager at Hilton Cape Town City Centre, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Dear Valuable Guest

I am very happy to know that you enjoyed the facilities and service received from my team.

Your comments regarding the frosted glass sliding doors in our bathrooms is appreciated and will be kept on file for future refurbishments.

Thank you for your feedback and I hope to welcome you back in the very near future!

Breitenfurt
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Do not book the “executive rooms” – they do not have any ! All rooms have the same size, only one per storey is a little bigger (number 17), and the reception desk does not know about those executive rooms. We complained, got a bottle of champagne, and a room with mountain view on the next day. Breakfast ok, free hourly shuttle to the waterfront, 100 meters to the next hop on / hop off station (recommendable !), garage car parking for only 90 rand a day. Pool area a bit small.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
MarkusFritz, General Manager at Hilton Cape Town City Centre, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
Dear Valued Guest

The Hop-on-Hop-off bus is a great value add to our location and I appreciate your recommendation to other potential guests.

I regret to learn that you were not entirely satisfied with your Executive room. I do however want to clarify that the Executive room type is not sold as a bigger room, but only a room with additional benefits such as access to the Executive Lounge and it's amenities. Please accept my sincere apologies if you were mislead in any way.

The building and layout does give a bit more space to certain rooms, but this is not linked to necessarily linked to specific room types, with exception of the Suites.

We constantly strive to improve our services and appreciate your feedback.

Looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I stayed here for six nights while in Cape Town on business and was impressed with the hotel's combination of quality service, central location, and overall value.

The staff are generally quite efficient and unfailingly courteous. Both check-in and check-out were handled quickly. Staff were pleasant and helpful in all areas of the hotel - concierge, porter, housekeeping, executive lounge, restaurant. The only minor shortcoming was this: when calling the hotel's main Guest Services phone line, sometimes the staff answered promptly but on several occasions there was no answer at all.

The hotel is centrally located within easy walking distance of Parliament, St George's Cathedral, and a plethora of shops and restaurants. The more touristy Waterfront area is an easy 10-minute taxi ride away. I had a spectacular view of the Bo Kaap neighborhood and Table Bay from my balcony.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Hilton Cape Town City Centre.

We strive to ensure our patrons experience the best visits possible during their travels and I am delighted to learn that you experienced true Hilton Hospitality. Your positive comments is appreciated and I have shared your review with my team.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused due to shortcoming in service received from our Guest Services Department. Our Front Office Manager has taken the necessary steps for immediate service improvement in this area.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our location in the Historical Bo-Kaap and view of the beautiful Table Bay.

Looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.