“Fantastic Experience”

Hilton Cape Town City Centre
Ranked #44 of 110 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 13 May 2013

My stay at the Hilton Cape Town City Centre hotel was fantastic. Staff were professional and helpful, nothing was a problem. Room was elegant and classy which made the experience even better. Hats off to the Hilton Cape Town City Centre!

1  Thank Ridwaan S
MarkusFritz, General Manager at Hilton Cape Town City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback and I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Cape Town City Centre in the near future.

Markus Fritz

Write a ReviewReviews (1,373)

Reviewed 11 May 2013

We stayed here very recently and would highly recommend this hotel. From the moment the taxi pulled up, to the greeting from the bellman in tails to the check in service, everything was first class. We had a long 12 hour flight and the check in staff went out of there way to have our room ready as soon as possible. This was a good excuse to sit by the pool and sample the local wine until our room was ready. The wait was worth it, our room had a wonderful view overlooking Tab le Mountain and was spacious, extemely clean and featured all the amenties one could ask for. The beautiful free standing bath was so inviting and the large shower cubicle with rain head was just a delight after a long flight. This hotel has a Muslim influence which means no alcohol in the mini bar or two of their restaurants, only alcohol served out by the pool bar and restaurant and no pork on their menu. We did not find this a problem at all and actually it was quite a refreshing change. We ate in the Indian restaurant on our first night which I would highly recommend. The breakfast on offer was varied and expansive and their room service breakfast was available from 4.00am which was great especially if you needed to be out and about early for a tour or a business function. The shuttle to the V & A waterfront which went on the hour was a definitate plus as this hotel is not near any other eating places or supermarket type shops to purchase small snacks. We found the staff couldn't do enough for you and went out of their way every time. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If possible ask for a room with a view to Table Mountain
1  Thank PandanBear

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Hilton Cape Town City Centre.

I am delighted to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and we could exceed your expectations.

Your positive comments are greatly appreciated and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 9 May 2013

Ideally would have liked to stay at the Radisson at the Cape Town waterfront. However, ended with hilton as couldn't get myself to pay almost 3 times the money for the view. Though the view deserves million dollars ;0). Anyhow, Hilton in Capetown is clean, new, small business hotel than the Hilton Joburg which is mega conference centre in a quite place.

Location: In the middle of the city centre. I could hear traffic every now and then. A motorbike would almost always wake me up. ALSO, CONSIDER THIS, which i only found out when i checked in - this is in a Muslim area and by law they don't serve alcohol in most of their facilities apart from one restaurant somewhere.
Eating: It has a Indian restaurant ;0). found it quite interesting to know that a Hilton has a inhouse Indian restaurant - but heard it was ok as lots of asians stay here and like the food.

The area is not great though. You have to take a ride to waterfront or elsewhere to get good view and nice food. Free shuttles are available every half an hour till 6 pm from the hotel. Taxi ride to waterfron cost about 30rands one way.

The positives - the hotel is very clear, modern, very new. The beds are new, the Duvets are duck down and floor is wooden i.e. no carpet mite allergy for me :0)....

1  Thank Vik2409
MarkusFritz, General Manager at Hilton Cape Town City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed our clean and modern rooms and comfortable beds.

In an effort to meet the needs of our diverse guests and the communities in which we operate, Hilton Cape Town City Centre provides a Halaal-friendly environment.
Two of our restaurants, Bistro 126 and Mezbaan have been certified as Halaal by SANHA (South African National Halaal Authority) However, alcohol is available at Signal Hill Lounge located at the pool deck as well as in the Executive lounge.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future,

Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

Great hotel in good location. Room was clean and spacious. They offer a good food and beverage experience, free wifi, have a nice pool. PS: friendly & helpful airport pickup driver (extra charge). Will come back.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank tfrogk
MarkusFritz, General Manager at Hilton Cape Town City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and will gladly return - we are looking forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Every time I stay at Hilton I emerge extremely satisfied due to friendliness, professionalism, quality of life and delicious dishes offered by this esteemed hotel. I have used 3 Hilton hotels for accomodation and conferencing and am happy to return. Where I have raised concerns, they have been resolved speedily to my satisfaction.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Sibongiseni M

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments and compliments regarding your experiences with the Hilton and especially with Hilton Cape Town City Centre. I was pleased to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you will gladly return.

Your loyalty to the brand is greatly appreciated and I am looking forward to welcoming you back for more Hilton Hospitality.

Reviewed 6 May 2013

I would like to commend the Hilton Cape Town The staff are amazing and friendly and always helpful Even when a bottle of wine i wanted that was on their menu was not available the Food and Beverage Manager went the extra mile to ensure that it was available the next evening for me Awesome

1  Thank Michael S

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comments on this website. I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future,

Reviewed 4 May 2013

Arrived mid morning after an overnight flight, found the underground car park after a couple of erroneous turns and headed into the hotel. First impressions count and I had the very good fortune to encounter Faith at the front desk, the best check in experience I have ever had I think, nothing was too much trouble. As my room was not ready I was directed to the executive lounge where I enjoyed a breakfast with the promise to come and find me when my room available, pleasingly this promise was kept. In fairness, I found all staff I encountered to be pleasant, friendly and helpful and a particular mention for the team in the executive lounge - they were great. I had the good fortune to be upgraded to a two bedroom suite and while I am keen not to let this colour my review I have to say the room was comfortable, quiet and immaculate. The only down side to the room was that the view was not the best, I was looking down on the back streets and swimming pool but with Cape Town on the doorstep, it was time to explore not hang around indoors. Otherwise the public areas of the hotel appeared well maintained and spotless though as the lifts were under maintenance on a couple of days it slowed down egress at busy times (there are only two).

The on site Indian restaurant was good and I enjoyed a couple of meals there, did not use the shuttle to the V&A waterfront as I had a car and it is worth mentioning that I always found a space available in the car park on return each evening, there is an extra fee for car parking though this is not exorbitant. I did not do much exploring on foot from the hotel but it is indeed central and located on a main thoroughfare within easy reach of shops and restaurants.

So to the acid test, would I return to this hotel? Yes I would have no hesitation in doing so the next time I have the good fortune to be in Cape Town.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
MarkusFritz, General Manager at Hilton Cape Town City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to put your experiences into writing and do an “acid test” regarding your recent stay at Hilton Cape Town City Centre.

I am delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and had a great time in the Mother City. Thank you for your kind comments and compliments with regards to our rooms, restaurants and of course our greatest asset, our team members.

I hope you will have the opportunity to return to Cape Town soon – we are looking forward to welcoming you back!