This hotel is in a good location, close to Long Street, and easy to get to.
There is a shuttle service to the waterfront which could continue a little later than it does (last run at 18h00 I think).
Many of the lobby staff and Exec Lounge / Pool Bar staff are excellent - they have good memories, they remember customers, etc.
The hotel is great at recognising HHONORS members and giving them access to room upgrades and/or Exec Lounge.
Rooms are well appointed and generally clean (have had no issues here).
The biggest problem in this hotel is thievery. I have forgotten money in my computer bag twice. Both times it was stolen. While I completely recognise that the hotel warns customers to keep valuables locked away, this hotel is in complete denial about its thievery problem. I wonder if the fact that they do not take it seriously is part of the problem. I have had very different experiences in other hotels in Cape Town - once the housekeeping staff actually catalogued all of the foreign currency I had carelessly left out and taken it to security for safekeeping- for their own protection. This has not been my experience at this property. The first time I reported a theft (noticed about 2 hours before check-out) I filled in a report upon checking out of the hotel which the security manager (Barney something) said he never saw. He never did provide a satisfactory report after the first reported theft and had to be reminded several times. There was also never a resolution of the second theft. Again I blame only myself, but one does have to feel some level of trust between oneself and those that have access to your room. Seeing several similar reviews on this site has proven to me that the problem is widespread, and from my personal experience not treated seriously enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of South Africa's second largest city at the foot of Table Mountain, the Hilton Cape Town City Centre hotel is only 20 minutes from Cape Town Airport and is close to many shops and businesses, the wine district, a variety of beaches and the National Parliament. All of the modern Guest Rooms at this Cape Town hotel boast large windows, 32-inch LCD TVs and complimentary wireless internet access. Upgrade to an Executive Room for stunning views of Table Mountain or the city and access to the Executive Lounge, with complimentary breakfast, canapés and drinks. Hold a conference for up to 120 guests in one of 6 meeting rooms or 2 board rooms, which offer the very latest in audio/visual technology and ensure your event is a success with our business center. Indulge in an all-day dining experience in the elegant Mezbaan restaurants(Halaal certified by ICSA) and sip cocktails and relax with a fragrant shisha pipe in the exotic Signal Hill Terrace Lounge and Restaurant. Work out in our Fitness Center or soak up the glorious South African sunshine and stunning views of the Bo-Kaap and Table Mountain in the outdoor swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HRS and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Cape Town City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Cape Town City Centre Hotel Cape Town Central
- Hilton Cape Town City Centre South Africa