“nice room but small amninties” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Cape Town City Centre

Hilton Cape Town City Centre
Ranked #46 of 106 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo
“nice room but small amninties”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

service is not great , but most of it hotel amnesties are to small for the capacity of the hotel , breakfast rom is always , other , the room are very nice size. executive lounge should be move in othe rplace nicer, not as dark , maybe 8th floor

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

MarkusFritz, General Manager at Hilton Cape Town City Centre, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our comfortable and spacious rooms however I regret to learn that you were not entirely satisfied with some of our guest facilities as well as the received customer service. Your opinions and observations are valued as it enables us to evaluate our facilities as well as the level of service we offer.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused and I hope that we will have the opportunity to redeem our services to you in the near future.

Markus Fritz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

This hotel is ideally located to enable you to get to anywhere in the city within minutes. I particularly like the fact that the hotel is Halaal friendly... and after three stays, I was surprised that the staff all remember me!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your positive review on TripAdvisor.

It is particularly warming to know that our efforts to provide superior service and hospitality are being represented by our team and you felt comfortable and taken care of throughout the duration of your stay.

Your patronage is valued and my team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Brasilia, DF
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

The Hilton experience never fails to amaze you!
The rooms are spacious, new luxury furniture, really nice bed, great bathroom and bath tube (the only thing is that you can hear everything, since there is only a glass clear wall separating the bathroom from the room.
The staff are very friendly and helpful, gave us a lot of useful tips and the concierge got all restaurant reservations we asked for! The breakfast has many options. The hotel location isnt the best one in Cape Town but still very near the water front and the Table Mountain (5min by car). The underground garage is very convenient, but guests have to pay to park in. The gym is very nice and has all the basic instruments you need (its bathroom is really nice and has dry and wet sauna). The pool is beatiful and the hotel facilities in general are very, very nice!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MarkusFritz, General Manager at Hilton Cape Town City Centre, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed our spacious and comfortable rooms as well as our other guest facilities. Your kind comments about our team members are much appreciated and will be passed on to the rest of my team.

Thank you for choosing Hilton Cape Town City Centre and please visit us again soon!

St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

My flight arrived in Cape Town at 11:00 PM that night. After a long travel day, I just wanted to rest. The hotel arranged pick up from the airport to get me there in a nice Mercedes, then once arrived provided me with hot towels to clean my hands and face, plus a cocktail. Once in my room, I was blown away by the size, as I realized that I had just been given an upgrade, since the room had a kitchen, living room, the works. It is a shame that I only stayed one night. I could hve enjoyed my entire week in Cape town at that hotel, but i had made plans elsewhere, and already paid. I will return.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Hilton Cape Town City Centre with the TripAdvisor community.

I am delighted to learn that we could exceed your expectations and ensure your return to the hotel.

Your kind comments are greatly appreciated and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Bolton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

Laughable internet. Halal. No alcohol served in restaurants. Intermittent service levels.
Stayed at this Hotel over New Year 2013/14 in a two-bedroomed Suite. I was informed at Check-in that the hotel was halal. I didn't know that until then and if I had, I would not have booked here. You should also know that the hotel is in a historically strong religious area and (in my opinion) suffers from that.
We booked this Suite based upon details on booking.com which suggested that the Suite had: "views of Table Mountain or the City". We had a view of rooftops and half of the pool deck. Disappointed on day 1.
The internet service whilst we were there was a joke; this really is not good enough for a "business" hotel. Whilst the senior staff are all quite good, the junior staff only smile when they have to - unless a Manager is in the vicinity. I felt resented by them. The room servicing levels were intermittent at best; every day the cleaning staff omitted elements of their duties.
Overall, the hotel is acceptable, but I expected more for the cost and from such a Brand. I didn't feel as though I received value for money.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Mark R
MarkusFritz, General Manager at Hilton Cape Town City Centre, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

I regret to learn that you were not entirely satisfied with your recent stay and I would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused. Your opinions and observations are valuable information as it enables us to assess our level of service.

Kindly note that as a global hospitality company, we serve as a meeting place for people from all walks of life. In an effort to meet the needs of our diverse guests and the communities in which we operate, Hilton Cape Town City Centre provides a Halaal-friendly environment.

Two of our restaurants, Bistro 126 and Mezbaan have been certified as Halaal by SANHA (South African National Halaal Authority) however, alcohol is available at Signal Hill Lounge located at the pool deck and the Executive lounge.

Even though it appears that we failed to meet your expectations on this occasion, I do hope that my team and I will have the opportunity to redeem our services to you at some point in the future.

Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

Great experience ! Friendly staff, everything was perfect! Very close to main city attractions. Breakfast and restaurant menus are very good and comprehensive. Great concierge service! And a lovely pool and patio! Would stay there again !

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your 5 star review on TripAdvisor.

It is such a pleasure to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and would gladly return.

Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

I spent 2 days in Cape Town by myself while waiting to join an adventure tour. I used my Hilton points and selected this hotel for it's closeness to the waterfront. My room was again much nicer than any American Hilton's and the concierge lounge again, a veritable feast. The lounge was small, but it was just steps from the pool area and outdoor tables. Having missed lunch the first day I ate a the hotel restaurant, something I rarely do. My lamb kabob wrap with yogourt dressing was scrumptious. I never felt uncomfortable walking from the hotel to the waterfront as security seemed to be everywhere. My only complaint with this hotel was the concierge deskclerks who while very polite, did not seem to be well trained. I had to involve the manager twice to help me get my lost luggage delivered, and to assist with a double booking for the same day. That being said, everyone on the staff was always smiling and very polite.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
MarkusFritz, General Manager at Hilton Cape Town City Centre, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

While I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed the friendliness of our Front Office team, I will certainly review and address mentioned shortcomings in training. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused with regards to the above.

Your compliment for the restaurant is much appreciated and will certainly be passed on to the Executive Chef and his team.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Cape Town and the hotel soon.