My husband and I stayed at the Hilton twice in March (we stayed in Stellenbosch for two nights in the middle of our holiday). Both times, check in was good and we had very nice rooms. We're Hilton Diamond this year, and our suites were very nice, and we had beautiful views of Table Mountain.
The location was great--some of our favorite bars and restaurants were only a 5 minute walk on/near Bree St. It was also nice being able to walk to an excellent coffee shop in Bo Kaap. We had a car, so we drove to the V&A Waterfront a couple of times, but I am glad we didn't stay in that part of town (too touristy).
Breakfast almost every morning was delightful. On Sunday, they didn't have their act together (Elfrida had the day off), but the food was always good. I enjoyed cooked-to-order eggs every day!
The staff was wonderful, but my only minor gripe is that the bell men were a bit too anxious to help us with our two bags. No big deal, and it was nice of them to ask (I just didn't need every one of them to ask!).
The executive lounge seemed like a bit of an afterthought on Hilton's part (very small and not inviting). The staff in the lounge were wonderful, though--so friendly and helpful! The gym was also tiny, and the elliptical was terrible. Luckily we got in plenty of exercise walking around Cape Town.
I highly recommend the Hilton Cape Town for it's excellent location, very comfortable stay, and friendly staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of South Africa's second largest city at the foot of Table Mountain, the Hilton Cape Town City Centre hotel is only 20 minutes from Cape Town Airport and is close to many shops and businesses, the wine district, a variety of beaches and the National Parliament. All of the modern Guest Rooms at this Cape Town hotel boast large windows, 32-inch LCD TVs and complimentary wireless internet access. Upgrade to an Executive Room for stunning views of Table Mountain or the city and access to the Executive Lounge, with complimentary breakfast, canapés and drinks. Hold a conference for up to 120 guests in one of 6 meeting rooms or 2 board rooms, which offer the very latest in audio/visual technology and ensure your event is a success with our business center. Indulge in an all-day dining experience in the elegant Mezbaan restaurants(Halaal certified by ICSA) and sip cocktails and relax with a fragrant shisha pipe in the exotic Signal Hill Terrace Lounge and Restaurant. Work out in our Fitness Center or soak up the glorious South African sunshine and stunning views of the Bo-Kaap and Table Mountain in the outdoor swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Cape Town City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Cape Town City Centre Hotel Cape Town Central
- Hilton Cape Town City Centre South Africa