“Very glad we chose this hotel”

Hilton Cape Town City Centre
Ranked #39 of 109 Hotels in Cape Town Central
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Very glad we chose this hotel”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton twice in March (we stayed in Stellenbosch for two nights in the middle of our holiday). Both times, check in was good and we had very nice rooms. We're Hilton Diamond this year, and our suites were very nice, and we had beautiful views of Table Mountain.

The location was great--some of our favorite bars and restaurants were only a 5 minute walk on/near Bree St. It was also nice being able to walk to an excellent coffee shop in Bo Kaap. We had a car, so we drove to the V&A Waterfront a couple of times, but I am glad we didn't stay in that part of town (too touristy).

Breakfast almost every morning was delightful. On Sunday, they didn't have their act together (Elfrida had the day off), but the food was always good. I enjoyed cooked-to-order eggs every day!

The staff was wonderful, but my only minor gripe is that the bell men were a bit too anxious to help us with our two bags. No big deal, and it was nice of them to ask (I just didn't need every one of them to ask!).

The executive lounge seemed like a bit of an afterthought on Hilton's part (very small and not inviting). The staff in the lounge were wonderful, though--so friendly and helpful! The gym was also tiny, and the elliptical was terrible. Luckily we got in plenty of exercise walking around Cape Town.

I highly recommend the Hilton Cape Town for it's excellent location, very comfortable stay, and friendly staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a Table Mountain view.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Croton ny
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is close to but not right on the waterfront so you probably need a taxi. Was there in may so the weather was quite unpredictable. Hotel restaurant was quite good and the staff was outstanding. The fellow who checked me in fixed a problem with my Hilton account I didn't even know I had. Everyone was immensely helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed May 2014
MarcSchumacher, General Manager at Hilton Cape Town City Centre, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Hilton Cape Town City Centre.

Your kind comments about our team members are much appreciated and I am delighted to read that you experienced outstanding service.

Thank you for staying with us and my team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton in September last year, when we had to fly Cape Town for my graduation. We really enjoyed our stay and the service was really excellent! We made a mini honeymoon out of it and enjoyed the room service and special treatment. Breakfast buffet was exceptional as well! We will definitely be back the next time we are in Cape Town..

Loshnee Vandayar

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Alberton, South Africa
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Spending 2 nights on a business trip in a room accross the lift and housekeeping was the most horrible experience. 2 Nights without any sleep as it was clear that you had to listen to all guess leaving an arriving making extreme noise during conversations. Housekeeping also making a tremendous noise entering the section next to the lift area. Breakfast most disappointing especially if you make use of requesting for cappucino or the hot breakfast as each request can delay up to 45 minutes before receiving the requested cappucino or french toast. Hopefully I do not have to revisit this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

2 Thank Tosca V
MarcSchumacher, General Manager at Hilton Cape Town City Centre, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

At the outset please accept my apologies for my delayed reply to you on this platform and thank you for taking the time to give us feedback.

I deeply regret to learn that you left our property disappointed and would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any shortcomings in service received during your stay with us.

We always endeavor to offer the highest level of service and ensure that every guest leaves our hotel taking away a positive experience and it seems that on this occasion we failed to meet this commitment.

I hope that despite your discontent, my team and I will have the opportunity to redeem our services to you at some point in the future.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

the Hilton cape town is grand hotel with modern rooms . the buffet breakfast is superb and everything is halaal. mezbaan restaurant is also great. the only negative is the pool which is way too small for a Hilton hotel. the location is alsp very good

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Moey V
Durban, South Africa
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Stayed at the Hilton earlier this year whilst on business and had a wonderful trip. Front of house staff bend over backwards to make sure you are happy and comfortable and the banqueting staff are wonderful and are so eager to help. I had to take one of my business counterparts to hospital and the hotel not only gave me the number of a very caring doctor but also arranged for the hotel car to take us and bring us back after. They then took extra care of my ill colleague and made sure that she had everything that she needed to feel better. Any information that you need, just ask the staff - they are a wealth of knowledge on the local attractions as well as all those hidden gems that you tend to not know about unless you live in a place for an extended amount of time. Room that I stayed in was AMAZING!!!!! Spacious, comfortable beds, huge shower and a big bath as well! I loved that I could open my curtains in the morning and have a cup of tea whilst looking at Table Mountain - a real treat when most of the day was spent in conference! If anyone is looking for a central location where you are treated like royalty this is the place to book!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the mountain on a higher floor
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
MarcSchumacher, General Manager at Hilton Cape Town City Centre, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Lauren,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. It is such a pleasure to receive feedback like yours and to know that our team members contributed to make your stay truly memorable. Your kind comments are much appreciated and I have proudly shared them with the rest of my team.

Thank you for staying with us and my team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The Hilton Cape Town is located in an interesting neighborhood full of SA history. It is at a busy corner, but close to some of the tourist attractions. Some rooms have a nice view of the mountains. The room was clean and modern. I wasn't sure about the privacy of the glass door to the bathroom given that it was directly across from the window looking out onto an office building, but it was fine. Bed was comfortable and the room well laid out. The bathroom was clean, very cool looking tub and nice shower. Room service was prompt and the server was friendly. No complimentary water. The breakfast buffet was good, with good options. It did take some time for someone to answer the room service number and I had to call down to get a code for the almost useless internet connection. The internet was slow, very slow. The elevator was also slow and small. The bell staff was very attentive and helpful with luggage and arranging taxis. Overall, it was an OK hotel, very to the point and business like in terms of service.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank kh214
MarcSchumacher, General Manager at Hilton Cape Town City Centre, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community.

I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed our views, comfortable rooms as well as the hotel’s central location at the border of the traditional Bo-Kaap - a perfect starting point for sightseeing.

Your kind comments about our team members’ level of service are appreciated, however please accept my apologies for the delay with regards to placing your order via room service as well as any inconvenience and frustration concerning the internet voucher.

Thank you for staying with us and I hope that my team and I will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.