“Fabulous Stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #46 of 106 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Atlanta, Georgia
“Fabulous Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here for six nights on our first trip to South Africa. The hotel exceeded our expectations and we had a wonderful stay! I highly recommend staying here when in Cape Town. It is well located in the center city where we walked to dinner several nights and there was a close HOHO bus stop. The staff were very welcoming and friendly, and always around if you needed something. As a Diamond Hilton Honors member, we were upgraded to a gorgeous one bedroom suite with view of Table Mountain. The room was lovely with a very comfortable bed and the bathroom had a large tub and rain shower. We even had a powder room. Nice Hilton amenities, fluffy towels and bathrobes, slippers.
We had access to the Executive Lounge for breakfast (which included a hot and cold buffet and they would cook to order pancakes, omelet, etc) and appetizers/drinks in the evening. We really enjoyed relaxing in the evening and over a glass of wine before dinner. The business center was very convenient and we used it easily to print boarding passes.
There’s a Thrifty car rental in the garage which made renting a car for the day quick and easy for sightseeing along the Cape.
I would definitely stay here again in Cape Town. We found the hotel everything you could ask for in a first class hotel!

Room Tip: high floor room with Table Mountain view was awesome
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tunitravels
MarcSchumacher, General Manager at Hilton Cape Town City Centre, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Hilton Hotel Cape Town City Centre. Your positive comments and recommendations to the TripAdvisor community are very much appreciated.

We at the Hilton Hotel Cape Town City Centre strive to provide all our guests with exceptional experiences and I am delighted to learn that we could exceed your expectations.

It is particularly pleasing to receive feedback such as yours, which I will be proud to relay to the rest of my team.

Your loyalty as a HHonors Diamond member is greatly appreciated and I look forward to welcoming you and your husband back in the near future.

Marc O. Schumacher

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed here for seven nights so I got to experience the hotel fully. The location is wonderful, in the center of the city but yet still walking distance to neigborhood locations such as clbs and restaurants on Long Street, shops and restaurants on Kloof St, and etc. The staff is super friendly, warm, attentive, yet very professional. It has all the modern amenities such as a gym, on-site restaurant, Executve Lounge, tour desk, and etc. Rooms are clean, well appointed, and cleaned daily very well. Room felt a bit smaller compared to those in the U.S., but the views of the Table Mountain when you wake up definitely makes up for the size. Restaurants are nothing to write home about, but there are so many fantastic restaurants nearby within walking distance (safe area) so it was fine. The only annoyance is the internet/wifi. The rate and my Hilton status comes with "free" wifi. However, even with a 7-night stay, I was given a 7-days/700mb total internet accss card good for two devices. The speed was adequate for most things, but it was annoying that access was limited AND the speed was slow. Otherwise, it was a fantastic hotel and I will definitely return on my next visit.

Room Tip: Ask for the Table Mountain view side of the hotel. If you can't get it, just go sit on the corne...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Yoichi_SF
MarcSchumacher, General Manager at Hilton Cape Town City Centre, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hilton Cape Town City Centre with the TripAdvisor community.

I am delighted to learn that you had a great stay with us, especially enjoying our central location, modern rooms and amenities as well as the customer service received from our team members.

Thank you for staying with us and my team and I can’t wait to welcome you back on your next visit to Cape Town!

Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

We loved the proximity of this Hilton to Table Mtn ,Bokap,waterfront, restaurant, and market. The Hilton was very accomodatng and friendly. The rooms were well decorated and very comfortable with a nice pool area.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
MarcSchumacher, General Manager at Hilton Cape Town City Centre, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor.

I am so pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and my team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

The Hague, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton twice in March (we stayed in Stellenbosch for two nights in the middle of our holiday). Both times, check in was good and we had very nice rooms. We're Hilton Diamond this year, and our suites were very nice, and we had beautiful views of Table Mountain.

The location was great--some of our favorite bars and restaurants were only a 5 minute walk on/near Bree St. It was also nice being able to walk to an excellent coffee shop in Bo Kaap. We had a car, so we drove to the V&A Waterfront a couple of times, but I am glad we didn't stay in that part of town (too touristy).

Breakfast almost every morning was delightful. On Sunday, they didn't have their act together (Elfrida had the day off), but the food was always good. I enjoyed cooked-to-order eggs every day!

The staff was wonderful, but my only minor gripe is that the bell men were a bit too anxious to help us with our two bags. No big deal, and it was nice of them to ask (I just didn't need every one of them to ask!).

The executive lounge seemed like a bit of an afterthought on Hilton's part (very small and not inviting). The staff in the lounge were wonderful, though--so friendly and helpful! The gym was also tiny, and the elliptical was terrible. Luckily we got in plenty of exercise walking around Cape Town.

I highly recommend the Hilton Cape Town for it's excellent location, very comfortable stay, and friendly staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a Table Mountain view.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Croton ny
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is close to but not right on the waterfront so you probably need a taxi. Was there in may so the weather was quite unpredictable. Hotel restaurant was quite good and the staff was outstanding. The fellow who checked me in fixed a problem with my Hilton account I didn't even know I had. Everyone was immensely helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Hilton Cape Town City Centre.

Your kind comments about our team members are much appreciated and I am delighted to read that you experienced outstanding service.

Thank you for staying with us and my team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton in September last year, when we had to fly Cape Town for my graduation. We really enjoyed our stay and the service was really excellent! We made a mini honeymoon out of it and enjoyed the room service and special treatment. Breakfast buffet was exceptional as well! We will definitely be back the next time we are in Cape Town..

Loshnee Vandayar

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Alberton, South Africa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

Spending 2 nights on a business trip in a room accross the lift and housekeeping was the most horrible experience. 2 Nights without any sleep as it was clear that you had to listen to all guess leaving an arriving making extreme noise during conversations. Housekeeping also making a tremendous noise entering the section next to the lift area. Breakfast most disappointing especially if you make use of requesting for cappucino or the hot breakfast as each request can delay up to 45 minutes before receiving the requested cappucino or french toast. Hopefully I do not have to revisit this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

2 Thank Tosca V
MarcSchumacher, General Manager at Hilton Cape Town City Centre, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

At the outset please accept my apologies for my delayed reply to you on this platform and thank you for taking the time to give us feedback.

I deeply regret to learn that you left our property disappointed and would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any shortcomings in service received during your stay with us.

We always endeavor to offer the highest level of service and ensure that every guest leaves our hotel taking away a positive experience and it seems that on this occasion we failed to meet this commitment.

I hope that despite your discontent, my team and I will have the opportunity to redeem our services to you at some point in the future.