“Swimming pool”

Ranked #41 of 109 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Slovenia
“Swimming pool”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Generaly I had a pleasant stay here. The only disappointment was a fact that the swimming pool is useless during South African winter. I suggested the GM to inform guests well in advance about that fact (I would published that on the website) and received a strange reply that they do not restrict guests in any way to use the pool. Which is simply nonsense as majority of the guests are not willing to swimm in the cold water (so not heated in any way) where the outside temperature is between 8 - 10 degrees C.
Personally I will go ahead and book my self a hotel with indoor pool next time.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Had a great stay at the Hilton Cape Town city center last weekend. Everything was perfect, from the check in staff who took the initiative to check up on my rewards number.
Club lounge is cosy and good selection of wines.

A night cap at the bar is the best way to end off the day. The bar staff were super friendly!

Stayed July 2014
MarcSchumacher, General Manager at Hilton Cape Town City Centre, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Hilton Cape Town City Centre.

Your positive feedback is much appreciated and I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed our comfortable lounge and bar areas and felt well taken care of by our team!

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I travelled with a colleague for a short 2 nights quick escape trip. We booked king delux room but were offered an Executive suit instead with amazing view of the Table mountain across the window straight from the bed. Easy access to the waterfront the main shopping and dining area with hourly complimentary shuttle service. Two oceans aquarium is near waterfront. African Jewel a 2 mins walk.1 min walk was the hop on hop off city sightseeing bus stand no 11 which made city tour very easy.Biggest craft market square was just 4 blocks down a confartable 10 mins walk.Breafast buffet was good with option of ordering your choice from kitchen. Overall a good stay...would definately like to come back to this hotel!

Room Tip: ask for straight table mountain view on higher floor
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your kind review with the rest of the TripAdvisor community.

I am delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed the City of Cape Town and especially your stay at the Hilton Cape Town City Centre.

My team and I look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you and your colleagues back in the near future.

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Hi I would like to recommend anybody to stay at this hotel. The staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms well decorated and furnished. Everything was pleasant and relaxing. My only gripe would be the location of the parking entrance but understand that the hotel location might not lend its self to change.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor regarding your stay at the Hilton Cape Town City Centre.

Your kind comments are much appreciated and I am pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable stay and would recommend our property to the rest of the travel community.

My team and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Martin, Slovakia
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We strongly recommend this hotel; food was excellent, staff helpful, congenial, room clean and nice. We had smaller wardrobe and less space for clothes. This should be a problem if you stay here longer. On the other hand, this hotel is profiled as city hotel suitable for short-time business trip especially.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

MarcSchumacher, General Manager at Hilton Cape Town City Centre, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Cape Town City Centre.

I am pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. Your kind comments about our culinary offer, friendly team members and comfortable rooms are much appreciated and I have proudly shared them with the rest of my team.

Thank you for recommending our property to fellow travelers and I hope that my team and I have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future.

Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Even for someone who has lived in many countries in four continents our first day in Cape Town was extraordinary. This was mainly due to the extremely pleasant stay at the "Hilton Cape Town City Centre". For us by far the best Hilton experience in the last 10 years: Well organized, friendly and competent staff, clean and quiet room. Really a home away from home.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

MarcSchumacher, General Manager at Hilton Cape Town City Centre, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hilton Cape Town City Centre with the TripAdvisor community.

Your kind comments are much appreciated and I am delighted to learn that we could make you feel “home away from home”.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Zilina Region, Slovakia
Reviewed 20 July 2014

During congress in SA we stayed in Hilton hotel. It was very pleasant. All staff was friendly and helpful, trying to solve all needs and problems.
We are very satisfied and recomend this hotel for everyone.
I consider it to be more business or city hotel, not a resort :-)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
MarcSchumacher, General Manager at Hilton Cape Town City Centre, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Hilton Hotel Cape Town City Centre.

We value your feedback and I am delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

Your recommendation to the TripAdvisor community is much appreciated and my team and I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!