See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 January 2014

This place is so friendly. I have done a lot of travelling recently around South Africa and have to say that this place is one of the nicest places I have stayed. Its in an ideal location, the staff are extremely friendly, its very clean with great bathroom facilities and you have an amazing view of Table Mountain. I would highly recommend this place and would hope to return back here one day.

Thanks for an amazing stay........Stacey, Chris and Gwen :)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TravelBear87
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I recently travelled out to Cape Town as part of an extended 4 week holiday in South Africa. This was my first time in South Africa and I couldn't have wished for a better start. Amber Tree Lodge is phenomenal, a fantastic accommodation that is ran expertly ran by Steve and managed by Wayne. It is immaculately clean, the staff are fantastic, the location is superb but more importantly there is a homely feel about the property that is very hard to rival.

After 3 weeks of backpacking the Winelands and Garden Route, I honestly felt like I was returning home when I got back to the Amber Tree.

I have literally ran out of superlatives for this property, I work in the travel sector and I'm very difficult to please, however Amber Tree succeeded were 5* hotels have failed.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank CryptiQ
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We stayed 10 days in the 2 bed rooms bathroom ensuite. Warm & professional welcome. Clean room, clean linnen, awesome bed. WiFi for free and a very good coffee with Toast in the Morning. Any requests were promptly answered. For boing out just the right spot. Silent sleep, but Longstreet in walking distance.

Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 11 January 2014

The first thing that strikes you is the location - right under Table Mountain and just a few paces from the nice end of Long Street. Comfortable, spacious rooms, modern, clean bathrooms, help yourself to a generous breakfast in the beautiful kitchen and lounge area, and the welcome from Stephen and Wayne is first-class, as is their local knowledge. I was a day late in arriving due to a cancelled flight, but this was no problem. Stephen kindly took care of booking my airport transfer to the lodge, onward travel arrangements on the Baz Bus, and arranged a Cape Peninsula tour too. Wayne recommended a great little restaurant nearby and gave me a voucher for free wine. They made my first few days travelling alone in South Africa incredibly enjoyable and easy. Just stay here!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Barefoot2013
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Had a great time in Cape Town, mainly due to the friendly and helpful staff (Wayne) from Amber Tree! Very clean and organized, cozy and fun! Amazing garden at the back, where you can go for a dinner, drink, or even have your breakfast there! Really good beds (the best that I've ever seen in a Hostel in my entire life!). Very good location, with restaurants, bars and shops everywhere! Highly recommended!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo