“Amazing place to stay in Cape Town!!!”
Review of Amber Tree Lodge

Amber Tree Lodge
Tucson
“Amazing place to stay in Cape Town!!!”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 4 days in April 2013. It was our first trip to Cape Town and the Amber Tree Lodge made our experience wonderful and memorable. The owner, Stephen, and Wayne made us feel so welcome and comfortable from the moment we arrived. They helped us tremendously by arranging tours and giving us recommendations. We were treated with such kindness. The hostel itself is great. Very homey, clean, and comfortable with nice rooms, outdoor atrium, and cozy family room. This is not a party hostel which was nice. The location is great. Very close to restaurants, shopping, and the bus line. This is a peaceful sanctuary within Cape Town and our experience there was unforgettable. I have never encountered a friendlier staff. Don't miss out on an opportunity to stay at the Amber Tree Lodge!!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I was recommended this place by a hostel down the road that was fully booked.

I'm so happy I came across this place!

Everything was fantastic from the moment I was greeted at the door and given the grand tour.

The place was incredibly clean and tidy (including the bathrooms) and had a great atmosphere. It was very relaxed and chilled.

Staff were wonderful, friendly and relaxed and made me feel very welcome.

The location is great! Super close to a lot if other hostels/backpackers and just down the road from Rafiki's (recommended!)

I would not hesitate in recommending this place to anybody staying in Cape Town.

Thanks so much!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Gidget88
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

My mate Nick and I stayed at Amber Tree for a weekend and had a great time. Steven and Wayne looked after us so well - nothing was too much trouble. Great location, too. We could walk to restaurants nearby or on Long Street.
Reasonably priced and incredibly clean. We couldn't have asked for more.
Dan

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank DanOnParma
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 20 January 2014

It was a peaceful oasis within Capetown. Unlike other hostels in this area the staff really cared about giving you information so that every day in CT or onward trips would be the best possible. Probably among the friendliest hostel staff I have ever experienced. As for the Lodge - It was very cozy and super clean. The beds were comfortable and great views from the upper porch. The zen terrace in back is also a great place to read and have a morning coffee.
-Ben S.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Ben S
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 18 January 2014

This place is so friendly. I have done a lot of travelling recently around South Africa and have to say that this place is one of the nicest places I have stayed. Its in an ideal location, the staff are extremely friendly, its very clean with great bathroom facilities and you have an amazing view of Table Mountain. I would highly recommend this place and would hope to return back here one day.

Thanks for an amazing stay........Stacey, Chris and Gwen :)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TravelBear87
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I recently travelled out to Cape Town as part of an extended 4 week holiday in South Africa. This was my first time in South Africa and I couldn't have wished for a better start. Amber Tree Lodge is phenomenal, a fantastic accommodation that is ran expertly ran by Steve and managed by Wayne. It is immaculately clean, the staff are fantastic, the location is superb but more importantly there is a homely feel about the property that is very hard to rival.

After 3 weeks of backpacking the Winelands and Garden Route, I honestly felt like I was returning home when I got back to the Amber Tree.

I have literally ran out of superlatives for this property, I work in the travel sector and I'm very difficult to please, however Amber Tree succeeded were 5* hotels have failed.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank CryptiQ
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed 10 days in the 2 bed rooms bathroom ensuite. Warm & professional welcome. Clean room, clean linnen, awesome bed. WiFi for free and a very good coffee with Toast in the Morning. Any requests were promptly answered. For boing out just the right spot. Silent sleep, but Longstreet in walking distance.

Stayed December 2013