My wife and I spent a week here and could not have been more impressed. We had joked beforehand about another review saying they didn't want to ever leave the hotel to see the city. Now we know why.
The views are breathtaking. The suites spacious and comfortable. The restaurant is cozy and the food delicious. The wine cellar, while relatively small, has a wonderful selection of local wines.
Best of all, however, is the staff. We have stayed at some very nice places around the world, but have never encountered this level of service and competence anywhere else before. Everyone went out of his or her way to attend to whatever we needed, from recommendations for meals (although we didn't really want to eat anywhere else), arranging for everything from reservations to the Robbens Island tour to driving directions to vineyards in the wine country. They even drove us to the Avis office to pick up a car for two days and returned it from the hotel for us. Everyone from the housekeeping staff to the general manager couldn't have been friendlier, more attentive, or made us feel any more welcome. One night we were the only ones dining there, and while we obviously got their undivided attention, we never felt rushed or in any way that we were putting them out. In fact, we finally told them they didn't all have to stay around just to take care of the two of us.
Without any hesitation I would recommend this delightful boutique hotel to anyone going to Cape Town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A fine boutique hotel, situated along the Atlantic Seaboard, in Sea Point, Cape Town. The concept of this city hotel is to offer "young of heart" travelers an ideal base from where to explore Cape Town and surroundings at affordable rates, without compromising any quality expectations. The ideal guest for Cascades on the Promenade is the well informed traveler, who is interested and anxious to discover Cape Town for what it is... a bustling, vibrant and incredibly beautiful city, brimming with activities and diversity. Our traveler doesn't want to sacrifice valuable holiday-time due to a remote or difficult location of the hotel, away from the main attractions, or battling with internet connection issues, insufficient hot water in the shower or more of those complicated situations that tend to spoil a vacation. Our guests want to get up and about after a good nights' rest in a perfectly equipped and soft furnished room. Breakfast awaits our traveler in the cozy Hotel Bistro or outside on the terrace, where he or she already mingles with the local regulars. The hotel is superbly positioned for immediate action, whether that is a vigorous jog along Cape Town's magnificent Seaboard... or a leisurely stroll... it's all right here on our doorstep... From the hotel it is a five minute walk to the Olympic size, open air, sea-side swimming pool or an even shorter stroll to the Beach Road to catch a ride on the Hop-on, Hop-off Topless Sightseeing Bus, which passes every twenty minutes. The bus takes you on a roundtrip through Cape Town. From the hotel it goes along the Promenade to the V&A Waterfront, through the inner city and further up to the Table Mountain Cable Car station. From there it goes down to the Clifton and Camps Bay beaches and back to the Promenade in front of the hotel. The Hotel The hotel is housed in a Cape-Victorian style, 120-year-old protected heritage building. An extensive renovation in 2010 has transformed the original structure into a very modern, super trendy place with a distinct international flair. Our guest will immediately recognize the spot as a trendsetter, definitely on par with leading small design hotels sprinkled around the larger cities of Europe, Asia or the United States. The latest on offer in hotel technology has been incorporated in the design and furnishings. The seven Deluxe rooms are very "complete". Five of them have outside balconies with comfortable seating arrangements. The two rooms without outside balcony are extra large and can accommodate an extra bed. All rooms have King size (180 cm) beds with soft, leather head boards and build-in reading lights. Remote controlled air conditioning (heating/cooling). Large walk-in rain showers, thermostatic taps, wall-mounted hairdryers and heated towel rails in the bathrooms. A state of the art 40" (1m) LED TV screen, a 23" Apple Mac computer with free internet, Wi-Fi access point, Bose iPod docking station, CD Player, Telephone, International plugs, Electronic Safe, Mini Bar and a Nespresso machine are standard in every room. Nighttime security is provided directly to the guest through automated roller shutters in the rooms and in general through a 24-hour attendance at reception and closed circuit camera's in the public area's. The Bistro Bright yellow Vitra tub chairs on the terrace and black leather upholstering inside the bistro, copper leaf and rich walnut wall paneling, Tom Dixon design lighting and a Samsung video wall for entertainment... the combination of these elements create the ideal setting where we offer our guests a fine, contemporary cuisine throughout the day. On the day-menu are light snacks and refreshing salads, from a choice of pasta's to fresh fish or a prime cut of succulent beef fillet. The "Patisserie" chef makes sure that coffee never goes without the necessary indulgence on the side. For dinner we change the setting for a fine-dining experience with a French style Bistro menu. And of course, there is the bar for a stiff drink, a cocktail or a good selection of South African wines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Cascades on the Promenade reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cascades On The Promenade Hotel Sea Point
- Cascades On The Promenade Cape Town, South Africa