Dutch Manor Antique Hotel
Ranked #61 of 156 Cape Town Central B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I like to mix up where I stay when I visit to Cape Town, but after staying at the Dutch I will always make it my stop for business or otherwise.
The staff were extremely helpful, well organised and the decor is incredible with modern facilities surrounded my beautiful period features, such a comfortable place and easy to recommend.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Lovely small,exquisite hotel in a great location. Room was perfect for me- incredibly comfortable bed, beautiful bathroom. Breakfast was yummy in a lovely dining room and I met some very interesting people with whom I had some great conversation over fruit and eggs! A big plus for me was hearing the faint but melodious call to prayer from the small nearby mosque- one of my favorite things to hear. Hotel is in a quiet, peaceful area and is within walking distance to several interesting parts of Cape Town. Staff very friendly and so helpful with arranging day trips for me and pointing me in the right direction to wherever I needed to go. Plan to stay here again on my next trip to Cape Town.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Dutch Manor was our lodging for our first two nights in South Africa. We opted for the one room with two single beds, for the space and size of beds. All of the other rooms have antique four posters or canopy beds, so are the bed size is accordingly small -- a standard double. Our choice was excellent as the singles were large, more like US 3/4 beds, and we had a nice (barred) window to the side street. Breakfast was tasty and ample, and there is parking both in front and on the side of the hotel, as well as one or two spaces within the hotel's walls at the back. Security struck us as not a problem. We were surprised at the relatively small size of Cape Town, and he complete absence of the security measures on view in other South African cities such as Johannesburg and Durban. Cape Town was very walkable from Dutch Manor, as we ambled through the center, and down to Victoria & Albert Waterfront. We picked up our rental car early (we drove much of the southern coast to Durban) and used Dutch Manor as our base to drive to the tram at Table Mountain, on over the mountains to Boulders NP to see penguins, and then out to visit Robbin Island. Dutch Manor has only showers -- nice showers, but just showers none the less. South African hotels usually have tubs, as well, and consistently the largest tubs we have encountered anywhere. So, this omission was noted more in retrospect after we became accustomed to tubs. It was a great base to begin our 14 days touring much of South Africa.

Room Tip: Choose a room with two single beds if a conventional double (smaller than a queen) would be tight fo...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Flew in from Dubai on September 24th having stayed at the very modern Grosvenor House for 8 days. Found out 3 hours before my departure from Dubai that I hadn't booked a hotel yet in Cape Town. I went online and found The Dutch Manor. I booked it for two nights just in case I wanted to move on to another place. Being Dutch and travelling 270 days a year for work I thought the name was very tempting. I've been to Cape Town many times and can't believe how I could've missed this absolute gem of a boutique hotel. The contrast with Dubai was going from one extreme to the other. You walk into history, basically a home away from home. The staff becomes your family and quite frankly there isn't a recruitment company that could find all those friendly people and put them in the same place anywhere in the world. Breakfast is fantastic, one of the best omelettes ever! Very nice coffee, always fresh ripe fruit. The rooms are stuffed with antiques yet the shower is from the 21st century, super! the four poster beds are seriously comfortable.
The Wifi works perfectly well so business and pleasure can be easily combined. The area around the hotel is great for exploring some historic and cultural sites around Bo-Kaap. Bree, Loop and Long Street are right on the doorstep with many fine restaurants, the Waterfront is a 30 minute walk down the road.
Two days became 25 days.....and I'm back again in November.
Going back to my home away from home before going home again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank BotheGypsy
DutchCapeTown, General Manager at Dutch Manor Antique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Wooow! what an awesome, great and warm feedback. We greatly value your feedback. It was a real honor to have you as our guest. Your compliment about the staff has even strengthened the Team spirit more . We greatly appreciate all the details you observed during your stay. We look forward to have you back in the next couple of days to your 'home away from home' :-)!

Reviewed 13 October 2013

We stayed in the Dutch Manor at the beginning and end of our holiday in South Africa. What a fantastic introduction to Cape Town. Lovely hotel with wonderfully comfortable beds, and beautifully furnished rooms. All the staff were delightful, and so willing to help in any way they could. Breakfast was a treat with anything you could possibly want to eat, and we met very interesting people over breakfast too! My only comment that is slightly negative would be could you please give us some of that wonderful South African seed bread for breakfast rather than white bread!
Great area to stay in as an easy walk takes you down to restaurants in the evening.
We really enjoyed our stay, and I hope we'll get back there one day - thank you to you all.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for such a warm review. We are all happy that you had a lovely stay with us. So sorry about the white bread incident , we always strive to give the best healthy breakfast ever. We appreciate your feedback

Looking forward to your next visit :-).

Reviewed 22 September 2013

What a pity our stay was for only one night. The personal service was warm and professional. The four-poster bed was exceptionally comfortable and the large high-pressure shower a pleasure. We enjoyed the beautiful antique décor. Thank you, we will be back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janet D
DutchCapeTown, General Manager at Dutch Manor Antique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Dear Guest

It was a great pleasure having you at Dutch Manor Hotel.

We hope to have you back soon for a longer stay.

We appreciate your feedback
Thank you.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

We had a wonderful two nights in the Dutch Manor. We were looked after like royalty and had beds to match. The breakfast was superb and the location good for access to Table Mountain. Bo Kapp is a very interesting area - we walked down to a local eating place and dined out for £2 each!

Room Tip: We had a quick peek in all the rooms and all seemed to have four poster beds. One room does have two...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Cath B
DutchCapeTown, General Manager at Dutch Manor Antique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your feedback.

I am delighted that you had a memorable stay at our gem, and the fact that you enjoyed the personal service we offer at Dutch Manor. It was a real honor to have you as our guests.

We hope to have you back again soon.