“A great stay in Cape Town”

Dutch Manor Antique Hotel
Ranked #62 of 156 Cape Town Central B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 January 2014

My girlfriend an I stayed for 3 nights at Dutch Manor in the middle of november and then again 2 nights in the middle of december. We have only the best things to say about the rooms, atmosphere and especially the staff, which always treated us like royalties! Nice location, not far from the city centre. Our warmest recommendations!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Dutch Manor is a most delightful place to stay with the historic building and the antique furniture. The staff were most helpful when the airlines lost my luggage. The hotel is within walking distance of the Cape Town International Conference Center.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We recently stayed at the Dutch Manor Antique Hotel and what a lovely surprise it was. The staff were extremely friendly, welcoming and accomodating. It felt like home away from home. The antique interior is just beautiful, but yet very comfortable. Our room and bathroom were crispy clean. Breakfast was hearty, and delicious.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2013

This was my first time at Dutch Manor, but I will most definitely be back. The staff were very welcoming, and also very accommodating. The hotel is just beautiful inside, easy to imagine how it was for the lords and ladies of the manor 200 years ago.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I like to mix up where I stay when I visit to Cape Town, but after staying at the Dutch I will always make it my stop for business or otherwise.
The staff were extremely helpful, well organised and the decor is incredible with modern facilities surrounded my beautiful period features, such a comfortable place and easy to recommend.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Lovely small,exquisite hotel in a great location. Room was perfect for me- incredibly comfortable bed, beautiful bathroom. Breakfast was yummy in a lovely dining room and I met some very interesting people with whom I had some great conversation over fruit and eggs! A big plus for me was hearing the faint but melodious call to prayer from the small nearby mosque- one of my favorite things to hear. Hotel is in a quiet, peaceful area and is within walking distance to several interesting parts of Cape Town. Staff very friendly and so helpful with arranging day trips for me and pointing me in the right direction to wherever I needed to go. Plan to stay here again on my next trip to Cape Town.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Dutch Manor was our lodging for our first two nights in South Africa. We opted for the one room with two single beds, for the space and size of beds. All of the other rooms have antique four posters or canopy beds, so are the bed size is accordingly small -- a standard double. Our choice was excellent as the singles were large, more like US 3/4 beds, and we had a nice (barred) window to the side street. Breakfast was tasty and ample, and there is parking both in front and on the side of the hotel, as well as one or two spaces within the hotel's walls at the back. Security struck us as not a problem. We were surprised at the relatively small size of Cape Town, and he complete absence of the security measures on view in other South African cities such as Johannesburg and Durban. Cape Town was very walkable from Dutch Manor, as we ambled through the center, and down to Victoria & Albert Waterfront. We picked up our rental car early (we drove much of the southern coast to Durban) and used Dutch Manor as our base to drive to the tram at Table Mountain, on over the mountains to Boulders NP to see penguins, and then out to visit Robbin Island. Dutch Manor has only showers -- nice showers, but just showers none the less. South African hotels usually have tubs, as well, and consistently the largest tubs we have encountered anywhere. So, this omission was noted more in retrospect after we became accustomed to tubs. It was a great base to begin our 14 days touring much of South Africa.

Room Tip: Choose a room with two single beds if a conventional double (smaller than a queen) would be tight fo...