“Excellent location for visiting Cape Town”

Dolphin Inn Guesthouse, Mouille Point
Ranked #51 of 156 Cape Town Central B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We had a very pleasant stay at the Dolphin Inn Guesthouse. The Guesthouse is located on a short distance from V&A Waterfront and Public Transport. It is very comfortable and has a great view on Table Bay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 14 December 2013

The hosts were very trusting, friendly, and treated people very respectfully! The premises were very clean and nice. Other guests were friendly and fun to talk to. My room was a bit small, but roomy enough and comfortable. I was served a wonderful custom breakfast every morning. I think the location is one of the best in Cape Town!

And you can't beat the view from their front window! Nice to go outside and take a walk around the seafront park!

Room Tip: Consider paying for the larger rooms with the view of the ocean!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 November 2013

We stayed here as most of the budget hotels on the V&A were full, and was just so glad we landed here...as it was our best decision. A simple B&B, clean, well-kept rooms coupled with fantastic hosts - Paul and Tania, even Mahi (the cat) made us feel athome plus we also shared a passion for cricket and Indian criciket in particular. They have loads of interesting stories to tell about all their travels, its fascinating, brilliant with information about Cape town and dont get tired explaining and suggesting interesting things to do....on their advice we did the Biscuit Mill Saturday market..and the atmosphere, food and wine there was to die for. The location is awesome too.....facing the bay with a green patch across the hotel where joggers run, dogs play, as you sit and have breakfast (lovingly prepared by the hosts themselves) by the window overlooking the view, time just seems to slow down. The V&A is a 10 minute walk from here, the bus stops are within 100 metres...the red hop-on-hop-off as well as the newly introduced MyCiti buses. Perenegro the restaurant nearby have fab staff and reasonably priced food and beverages..... anyone visiting the restaurant after reading this please say hi to Brian, Sidney and Ivan on the bar, they are amazing fellas. Also close-by La Splendida has a restaurant thats buzzing, weekends they have a cool reggae band playing funky catchy music...one cant help but dance

Room Tip: We were first put up in Room 4 (which is small) on the ground floor...but were later accommodated in...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Clean, comfortable and cozy- 3 adjectives to describe my experience at this guesthouse. For a more detailed description- the place has a splendid view of the ocean, a warm and homey interior, good connectivity to Hop on - Hop off busses, just about a mile away from the city centre (walking distance).

The short stay was made more special by its easy-going and hospitable hosts, Paul and Tania. The couple, being avid travellers themselves, engaged freely in interesting conversations and took wonderful care of their guests! I should very much like to stay here again, if I go back to Cape Town ever again! :)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Shelli and I got there for 2 nights 3-5/9/13..
I decided to go there at the very evening of my proposal to Shelli! (and fortunately she said yes...) we saw the place a couple of days before that, while taking a walk from sea point towards bantry bay, the place looked like such a nice, homey place - and it is!
Paul & Tanya were very nice and helpful. We've decided to hire a car on our last morning, they gave us a good company contact (I think "valued car" or so...) and the car company guy came to the guest house within 45 minutes of our phone call. We took the bigger unit (don't remember it's name), the one that has a full-clear-panoramic view to the ocean, and what a view! great location! The second morning we asked if breakfast can be served at the little balcony outside our room. No problem - Paul & Tanya delivered the food themselves and we enjoyed great food with great view!
We would definitely go there again!
Ofer & Shelli, Israel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I am glad I chose to stay at Dolphin Inn for my very first trip to Cape Town. Dolphin Inn is well located, safe, clean, with friendly environment and owners. Breakfast was great and was being prepared and served by the owners themselves (Paul and Tania).

During the brief contacts I had with Paul and Tania, I felt like I was visiting friends I have known for a long time. I felt safe, welcome and appreciated.

Thanks Paul and Tania for your advise, information and good hospitality. Dolphin Inn will definitely be top list for my subsequent Cape Town visits.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I very much enjoyed my stay in Cape Town. Paul and Tania were great hosts and really were very helpful. They prepare a wonderful made to order breakfast and it is a delight to sit in front of the big window overlooking the ocean! It is in an excellent location and easy walk to city center and on the path of both the Red and Blue city bus lines for tourist travel. I highly recommend this guesthouse!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business