“A great hike”
Review of Ridgway Ramblers

Ridgway Ramblers
More attraction details
Owner description: A visit to Cape Town is not complete without a hike on Table Mountain. We will tailor make a hike to suit all ages and fitness levels - Your boots are made for walking.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Canberra, Australia
“A great hike”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We hiked with Binny up Skeleton Gorge. Four hours to Maclear's Beacon and about another hour to the cable car. Although I am reasonably fit, I am not good with heights, not too agile but I wanted a bit of a challenge. My husband is not as fit but agile and has no fear. Binny was great - she selected the right route, helped when required and set the right pace. She was full of interesting information about fauna and flora and very friendly. We had a fantastic morning and I would recommend Binny highly.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Cape Town, Table Mountain Hike”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Binney led this walk / hike, we were a mixed group of older walkers of varying abilities, she did a excellent job in leading us, always concerned for our well being and safety, encouraging and helping where needed. She was very knowledgeable about Table Mountain and the surrounding area, and the flora and fauna we encountered at the summit drawing our attention to the less obvious, the heard but unseen as well. All in all a very experienced guide who made the whole experience even more memorable for all the members of our party. To be whole heartedly recommended.

Los Angeles, California
“A Must-Do in Cape Town”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Had the most amazing time hiking Table Mountain with Binny and Ridgway Ramblers! She has been guiding groups from around the world for years and knows just about every route and centimeter of that mountain.

We did a 7 hour roundtrip route that ends in the spectacular Kirstenbosch gardens. Binny led the way with entertaining conversation, facts and we had a delicious, healthy lunch at the top of the mountain. It felt like hiking with friends.

This is such a fantastic way to see Cape Town and the surrounding landscape, while learning about the nature and the city. It feels a bit off-the-beaten-track and is a wonderful option for someone looking for a bit more activity than your standard Cable Car to the top of Table Mountain excursion. Plus, the Cable Car closes very often and Binny knows all the routes, so she can lead you on a hike even when the cable car is not operating.

Highly recommended, I will definitely call Binny next time I'm in Cape Town and schedule another hike up Table Mountain or Lions Head and experience a different route. She also does guided tours of the Cape Peninsula which gets you off the beaten track and into nature.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Awesome Binny”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I coordinate a group of 32 USA based students who come to Cape Town annually for 1 month and study the city of Cape Town. One of our 1st programme related items is a hike up Lions Head. It is always the highlight and the students score it 11 out of 10! This success is largely due to Binny. She is the only guide I use. Her knowledge is incredible, her attention to detail faultless and her good overall hiking pace for a group this size allows me to enjoy the hike and not worry about a thing! Thank you Binny and I'll see you next year.

6 attraction reviews
“Fantastic experience”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We booked Binny for a full day hike around Table Mountain. On our selected day, it was a classic "Tablecloth" day and the peak was shrouded in cloud and gale force winds. This did not detract from our day out and I think now, I am glad that the classic 'tourist' route was closed. Binny made suggestions for the trails for the day based on the groups wishes and also included her own extensive knowledge of the mountain trails. We had such a fabulous day out. We hiked both sides and Binny had extensive knowledge of the vegetation, the history and the views we were looking at. This was one of the highlights of our Cape Town visit and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Binny as a local guide.