“A fantastic hike with a great guide”
Review of Ridgway Ramblers

Ridgway Ramblers
More attraction details
Owner description: A visit to Cape Town is not complete without a hike on Table Mountain. We will tailor make a hike to suit all ages and fitness levels - Your boots are made for walking.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Wow! I had the most amazing time hiking up Table Mountain. Binny is an extremely knowledgeable guide, and patient too! She showed us exactly where to place our hands and feet to get up the scrambling parts, and her husband helped stabilise our feet when we went up difficult parts.

I recommend Ridgway Ramblers to anyone who wishes to appreciate Table Mountain from a different perspective. I can't wait to do it again!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
All reviews
in 6 reviews
"lion's head"
in 25 reviews

Reviewed 20 November 2013

We hiked Table Mountain on November 1st. My husband and I joke that we travel like twelve-year-olds because we always forget the important things. In this case we forgot water and I forgot a hat. Binny came prepared with extra water, and had extra hats in the boot of her car for tourists just like us.
I knew the hike would be difficult for me, as I have no cartilage left in one of my knees, an old meniscus tear and, well, I'm quite heavy. It was easy to see that Binny was athletic and could easily run up and down the mountain a few times in the time it took us to make one climb, but she had incredible patience, taking each resting opportunity to talk about the wildlife, the flora and fauna, and just get to know us a little better.
She also answered our endless questions about Cape Town and Table Mountain, and regaled us with local folklore as well as true experiences.
She always had eyes on the trail ahead and behind, and we felt safe with her both that she was watching out for our health but also that she was always aware of surroundings and other passersby.
We can't wait to return to Table Mountain next year and take a more challenging hike with Binny.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Binny is an exceptional guide, with a vast knowledge of each and every trail around Table Mountain. She is not only an experienced mountain guide having trekked in far flung corners of the globe, but she is also an expert on the flora and fauna of Table Mountain and the various ecosystems of the Western Cape. She will take good care of you if you are not a seasoned hiker, and she will inspire you with her expertise of the area if you are an avid hiker or backpacker.

She also picked me up at my doorstep, and she packed a delicious lunch. Plenty of good food and even home-made banana bread.

She's also a joy. I'd do a 30
day Himalayan trek with her and be entertained every day. Next time, a five day trip with her up from Cape Point is on the agenda!

Thank, Binny, for a great day hike!

Reviewed 6 November 2013

We hiked with Binny in October and it was a great experience! The nature is magnificent and Binny is a very nice guide!

See more reviews
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We hiked with Binny up Skeleton Gorge. Four hours to Maclear's Beacon and about another hour to the cable car. Although I am reasonably fit, I am not good with heights, not too agile but I wanted a bit of a challenge. My husband is not as fit but agile and has no fear. Binny was great - she selected the right route, helped when required and set the right pace. She was full of interesting information about fauna and flora and very friendly. We had a fantastic morning and I would recommend Binny highly.