“Ridgway Ramblers support our Charity Challenge”

Ridgway Ramblers Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: A visit to Cape Town is not complete without a hike on Table Mountain. We will tailor make a hike to suit all ages and fitness levels - Your boots are made for walking.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Cape Town
“Ridgway Ramblers support our Charity Challenge”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Binny has been an amazing support! Global Vision International (GVI) are a volunteer organisation who do a Charity Challenge each year. For the past two years our challenge has been to walk the Hoerikwaggo Trail. We have used Binny as our guide. When you have a group as large as 30 people, it is important to have a knowledgeable dependable guide and Binny was certainly that. Her patient approach, her professionalism and her quietly confident approach ensured all of our walkers felt safe, motivated and well informed while they were walking. We also appreciated the reliable support of her assistant Xolani. A walk like this can be challenging but Binny ensured everyone remembered to enjoy themselves and made sure everyone felt included in the group no matter what their level of fitness. We thank Binny and "X" for their on going support of our Charity Challenges and hope many other travellers will take the opportunity to see Table Mountain and it's surrounds on a walking tour with Binny.

London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Table Mountain Hike”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Our hike up Table Mountain was one of the highlights of our trip and I cannot recommend Binny enough. I do not like big group tours so Ridgeway Ramblers was perfect for our group of four women. Before the trip Binny sent us information on what to bring and then on the day of our hike she picked us up from our hotel and drove us to the start of our route. Binny was extremely knowledgeable about the mountain and the different types of fauna and made our hike very enjoyable (even the scrambling parts!). This was a fantastic day out and our photos of the day are absolutely stunning. I would love to go back and hike a different route with Binny.

Wheaton, Illinois
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Two routes to the top”
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

I've climbed Table Mountain two ways. Both are recommended. The 3 km Platteklip Gorge route is clearly marked and described as the "easy" route. It is not easy. It is a strenuous, two hour climb. The only people we passed on the trail were fit Europeans from mountainous countries. The trail zig zags up the gorge offering fantastic views and a solid work-out. Bring water. The second route we've climbed is the India Venster. This route is not clearly marked and should be done with a guide. Our guide was Binny from Ridgway Ramblers. Binny is excellent. I highly recommended her. The India Venster route has some strenuous sections, although it doesn't ascend quite as steeply or directly as the Platteklip route. It does have several steep sections that require scrambling. It also has some narrow sections with precipitous drops only a few feet away. This route will stretch your boundaries if you are afraid of heights. The cable car can also take you to the top of Table Mountain, but if you can make the climb, I'd recommend hiking. Climbing provides fantastic views and a wonderful sense of accomplishment when you finally make it to the top.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
“A fantastic hike with a great guide”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Wow! I had the most amazing time hiking up Table Mountain. Binny is an extremely knowledgeable guide, and patient too! She showed us exactly where to place our hands and feet to get up the scrambling parts, and her husband helped stabilise our feet when we went up difficult parts.

I recommend Ridgway Ramblers to anyone who wishes to appreciate Table Mountain from a different perspective. I can't wait to do it again!

Visited November 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Pretoria, South Africa
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Best Guide, Best Hike”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We hiked Table Mountain on November 1st. My husband and I joke that we travel like twelve-year-olds because we always forget the important things. In this case we forgot water and I forgot a hat. Binny came prepared with extra water, and had extra hats in the boot of her car for tourists just like us.
I knew the hike would be difficult for me, as I have no cartilage left in one of my knees, an old meniscus tear and, well, I'm quite heavy. It was easy to see that Binny was athletic and could easily run up and down the mountain a few times in the time it took us to make one climb, but she had incredible patience, taking each resting opportunity to talk about the wildlife, the flora and fauna, and just get to know us a little better.
She also answered our endless questions about Cape Town and Table Mountain, and regaled us with local folklore as well as true experiences.
She always had eyes on the trail ahead and behind, and we felt safe with her both that she was watching out for our health but also that she was always aware of surroundings and other passersby.
We can't wait to return to Table Mountain next year and take a more challenging hike with Binny.