“Nice bar in V&A”

Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The first bar we found when arriving in the V&A. Tried the beer tasting menu (with free keyring!) which was good. Had a couple of snacks. Popped in regularly when at the waterfront. A decent boozer.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

The food was very tasty, reasonably priced and there was certainly plenty of it. We had meat skewers and we thoroughly enjoyed them, washed down with locally brewed beers, which made a nice change from Castle and Windhoek lagers. The service was very good.

It's a great place to stop off for simple food and great beer.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

My last visit to Mitchell's was with my late wife in September 2009 and I wanted to take our daughter there on our last day in Cape Town before heading north. We were on a South African journey from the United States. It was a great experience sitting on the patio and people watching. Great line of craft beers. I enjoyed sampling of all their brews before deciding on a couple of pints. The craft beer market is a growing industry in the United States versus the large corporate breweries that seem to specialize in nondescript bland beers. Excellent menu with a wide variety of choices and reasonably priced. Great place to enjoy a sunny day on the waterfront.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Our favorite hobby is trying craft beer wherever we go. And when we saw Mitchell's from our tour bus, we knew we had to try it. We each got a different beer, and shared a snack basket, which was very tasty. The beer was up there with the best craft beer we've had anywhere. The service here was excellent. In addition, Mitchell's is really easy to find: it's right next to the V&A Waterfront Mall. It was a delightful discovery and if we make it back to Cape Town, we will definitely come back so we can try more of their beers. Highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have recently visited this establishments again as I have done many times over many, many years. Somehow most of my visits have been in the winter. On a cold and wet winters day the classic wood rich interior of this pub provides a wonderful shelter against the elements. A cosy, comfortable, dark shelter to sink a pint of the excellent house ale. A nice array of beers bearing the house brand are available on tap. If craft beer is not your thing, a strong representation of international and local brands will certainly not leave you without choice. On the food side, being a big fan of the snack basket concept, I like the variety of components to mix and match to create the basket - I have never been disappointed. All in all a place that resonates well with my tastes.....