“Unbelievable service”

Extreme Scene - Day Trips
More attraction details
Owner description: We are your Cape Town One Stop Adventure Shop. Contact us for all your outdoor adventure needs and rest assured of an experience of a lifetime. Shark cage diving, tandem skydiving, tandem paragliding, quad biking, sand boarding, helicopter flights, safaris or even an awesome abseil from Table Mountain. We will even give good local advice and book your accommodation. Let us make your experience in Cape Town an enjoyable one and contact us as soon as you can.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Unbelievable service”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I contacted Gavin at Extreme Scene after reading trip advisor reviews. I was planning a trip to South Africa with a few days in Cape town and wanted to pack in as much adventure as possible but did not know where to start. Gavin quickly helped me work out what was possible within the timeframe and suggested the best order of planning activities to achieve the most. My family loved every minute, from visiting Robben Island the day we arrived, (Gavin's advice, the perfect start to our trip instead of lazing around and losing a day), to taking a Cape town cycle tour the following morning, (which really helped us get our bearings and a real feel for the city). This was followed by an abseil down Table Mountain in the afternoon... unbelievably amazing! As we were travelling on the Garden Route Gavin booked excellent accommodation for us in Hermanus, which was not easy as it was 30 Dec and very busy, so we could still manage the Shark Cage diving experience in Gansbaii. This was incredible. All in all the first 4 days of our holiday felt like so much longer, a whirlwind of activity. Gavin was so efficient in organising everything and getting the paperwork and maps to me quickly so everything went incredibly smoothly. I cannot recommend Extreme Scenes and Gavin highly enough. Our trip was fabulous because of their help and advice and attention to detail. Usually I try to organise everything myself, not always successfully. When I next visit Cape town I will definitely be using Extreme Scenes to help me plan the activities. It is hard to please everyone when organising for 2 parents and a 21 and 18 year old but I would recommend every activity we took. You do not need to be fit just adventurous and game for a real laugh!

Visited December 2013
ExtremeScene, Owner at Extreme Scene - Day Trips, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Hi Delia thanks for the opportunity to help plan your family holiday to Cape Town. As you experienced first hand Cape Town can be very busy over Christmas time so local knowledge and planning certainly make a difference. The weather was amazing when you were here and it was fantastic to meet you during the shark cage diving you booked. I hope to meet you all again in Cape Town soon.

Helsinki, Finland
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Excellent service”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I booked a seal snorkeling trip through them for 24 persons. The operator they used was perfect, the communication worked and the transport/ service was awesome. Recommended!

Visited October 2013
The seal snorkelling is growing in popularity in Cape Town as it caters for everyone. The seals are fun and playful and offer an experience to remember thats for sure. I am glad you and your group enjoyed the outing with us. Thank you for coming to Cape Town and offering your volunteer services to those that needed it here. That kind of assistance is very much appreciated in South Africa.
London, United Kingdom
“Extreme Scene - one stop shop for Cape Town adventures”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I enjoyed a wonderful week long holiday in Cape Town with large thanks to Gavin and Extreme Scene. I emailed Gavin shortly before travelling to Cape Town explaining that I was travelling alone and interested in trying few adventure activities. I was concerned that I was leaving things a little late for planning all this. Needn't have worried as Gavin promptly replied to my email with details of all the activities he can assist with. Would take me too long to list these activities here so worth checking out his website (I opted for skydive, whale watching and shark cage diving but plenty more to choose from). In addition to organizing and booking my trips he was able to answer all my questions regarding Cape Town (weather, beaches, security, pub to watch football... etc). This was invaluable to me as a solo traveller and first time visitor to Cape Town. Before contacting Gavin I had been tempted to arrange all my adventure activities myself. While I'm quite sure this would be possible I am very glad I did not go down this route. Having Gavin as my sole point of contact took the stress out of activity planning leaving me free to simply relax and enjoy my holiday. This proved particularly beneficial when the notoriously windy Cape Town weather resulted in my planned whale watching trip being cancelled at short notice. I simply relaxed while Gavin worked wonders behind the scenes to squeeze me onto a later trip with a different company (also required moving the day/time for my shark cage dive). In addition to the above mentioned activities he was also able to arrange accomodation for me for one night stay in Hermanus (whale watching town) when I decided I'd like to spend longer in that location. In summary... can't recommend highly enough! thanks again Gavin.

Visited December 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

ExtremeScene, Owner at Extreme Scene - Day Trips, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Hi Graeme thanks for the amazing review. Communication is key when our clients arrive in Cape Town and you made that very easy for me. If I can get as much info to you as possible and answer all the questions you have then it makes my job easier and your experience here better. I am just happy to have been a part of making your experience in Cape Town an enjoyable one. Now you know where to advise your friends to go on holiday.
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Extreme scene = Trip of a life time”
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

Thanks so much for being so incredible! We had the most wonderful Cape Town experience imaginable thank to Gavin(and Jo), we skydived and took in the wonderful views of table mountain and the coast line from 9000ft, we went on a lovely catamaran cruise on New Year's Eve and watched the water front fireworks from the water and we went on the most amazing wine lands tour. As well as his advise about beaches and view points to see the best of Cape Town and encouragement to climb table mountain and lions head (both such fab experiences) plus so so so much more! Our trip was so successful we all can't wait to come back ASAP.

Visited December 2013
Hi Melissa. It was an absolute pleasure looking after such an enthusiastic bunch that you were. Hiking both Table Mountain and Lions Head is a challenge but what an accomplishment! I must be honest though. You guys are very welcome here all the time as long as you bring that perfect weather with you again :) We were very lucky as it helped everything to run smoothly and according to plan. Come back soon and bring that good luck weather with you please.
London
“Memories to last a life time!”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

We had the most amazing holiday in Cape Town which was largely due to the awesome excursions arranged by Extremescene. We were a group of six.

We booked a day trip to the winelands, shark cage diving and a day safari all through Extremescene. Gavin the owner provided us with first class service and was more than happy to answer our questions and gave great suggestions of other places in Cape Town to experience.

Extremescene arranged every part of our day trips, and ensured that everything was in order and even monitored the weather to ensure that we went on the excursions in the most ideal conditions.

As a group made up mostly of foreigners travelling to South Africa from Europe, Gavin provided us with great taste of the local culture and really showed great South African hospitality.

Will definitely be back in Cape Town one day!

Visited November 2013
ExtremeScene, Owner at Extreme Scene - Day Trips, responded to this review, 15 December 2013
Hi Andrew. Thank you for allowing us to plan a few experiences for you and your friends while in Cape Town. I must say you guys all certainly had a load of fun and the day in the Winelands was one to remember with weather like that. Doing a privately planned tour of the Winelands allows you to access the wine estates that would be visited on many of the scheduled tours and a nice way to relax after some adrenalin activities. We hope to host you and your friends again soon.