“Extremely helpful, awesome experience”

Extreme Scene - Day Trips
More attraction details
Owner description: We are your Cape Town One Stop Adventure Shop. Contact us for all your outdoor adventure needs and rest assured of an experience of a lifetime. Shark cage diving, tandem skydiving, tandem paragliding, quad biking, sand boarding, helicopter flights, safaris or even an awesome abseil from Table Mountain. We will even give good local advice and book your accommodation. Let us make your experience in Cape Town an enjoyable one and contact us as soon as you can.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Extreme scene was incredibly helpful. They organized everything for both a beer tasting tour and shark cage diving. They provided transportation, lunch, and were very personable. I would highly reccomend planning activities through them.

ExtremeScene, Owner at Extreme Scene - Day Trips, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Hi Zander I am glad you enjoyed your time with us. Our Adventure Brew beer tasting tour works exceptionally well for groups and when the weather is bad like it was that day. Spending a day beer tasting is what is best when it rains. As you know from first hand experience the shark cage diving is a big winner and it was the perfect way to finish off your stay here in Cape Town. We look forward to seeing you and your group back in South Africa soon.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

My husband and I recently went to Cape Town and were advised to contact Gavin by friends of ours who had just visited. They had said that Gavin was very helpful, responsive and that the activities they did with him were amazing. We had the same experience and couldn't say enough good things about Gavin as well as our time out on the shark diving boat! The day was well organized and we would highly recommend it to all!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank Kelly E

Hi Kelly thanks for the positive review and for taking the time to do so. Word of mouth is the strongest form of marketing and excellent to know that you listened to your friends about making contact with us. We try our hardest to be as informative as possible leading up to your arrival and glad to hear your experience was a good one. Thanks for the recommendation. All the best!

Reviewed 25 February 2014

. We were running an international sales conference in Cape Town and with visitors from 21 countries and many languages it had the potential to be an organisational nightmare.

The Extreme scene team took on the challenge and produced a well organised and very focused events menu.

From organising pick up an drop offs at the airport to managing 70 people to a special dinner event which was superb ( and even enjoyed by the attendees from cape town, ) and then on to the following days main events everything went smoothly and with minium fuss leaving us to thoroughly enjoy the events

He even managed to organise superb weather for our trip up the mountain !!!

Some of the attendees were so impressed that they booked additional private events for their stay after the conference ( including Helicopter flights and shark diving events)

Gavin's calm and professional manner was tested when we lost a few attendees in cape town but hey were quickly rounded up !!

After our experience I would whole heartily recommend Gavin and his team to anyone who wants to see and feel the best of Cape Town and its surroundings.

Thanks for allowing us to assist with the planning and facilitation of the activities and entertainment for your conference. It was loads of fun especially the dinner at AmaZink. Wow what a vibe experienced there and certainly worth a visit by everyone. As you know weather is not under our control but thankfully we had perfect weather conditions throughout your conference and this always helps us out. We look forward to working with you again in the near future.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

My wife and I recently travelled to Cape Town for our honeymoon and contacted Gavin for help facilitating a number of adventure activities including Great White Shark cage diving, quad biking on the sand dunes, and an absolutely marvelous safari in Hoedspruit. Gavin tirelessly arranged these trips and even transported us personally on a number of the day trips! Gavin is incredibly professional and went above and beyond to accommodate my wife and me. We were extremely lucky to have been put in touch with Gavin and I will 100% use his services in the future when (not if!) we return to South Africa.

Shark cage diving: unbelievable experience, the sharks are enormous!!
Quad biking: super fun, be sure to bring sun screen as my nose was a bit red afterwards (my fault as I was too excited for the biking to properly apply the sunscreen in advance).
Safari: Gavin got us in touch with Sausage Tree Safari which proved to be the highlight of our trip.

In sum, OUTSTANDING SERVICE from an extremely talented and amicable professional. Thank you so much! Sam Helman

ExtremeScene, Owner at Extreme Scene - Day Trips, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Hi Sam and Christine. Thanks so much for the kind and informative words. I work really hard to offer a reliable service to my clients so I always appreciate it when it is acknowledged. As you experienced first hand we have an amazing country with so much on offer. It was a pleasure working with the two of you and we look forward to welcoming you both - and your friends when you send them over - back to South Africa. Take care and all the best for 2014!

Reviewed 12 February 2014

I contacted Gavin at Extreme Scene after reading trip advisor reviews. I was planning a trip to South Africa with a few days in Cape town and wanted to pack in as much adventure as possible but did not know where to start. Gavin quickly helped me work out what was possible within the timeframe and suggested the best order of planning activities to achieve the most. My family loved every minute, from visiting Robben Island the day we arrived, (Gavin's advice, the perfect start to our trip instead of lazing around and losing a day), to taking a Cape town cycle tour the following morning, (which really helped us get our bearings and a real feel for the city). This was followed by an abseil down Table Mountain in the afternoon... unbelievably amazing! As we were travelling on the Garden Route Gavin booked excellent accommodation for us in Hermanus, which was not easy as it was 30 Dec and very busy, so we could still manage the Shark Cage diving experience in Gansbaii. This was incredible. All in all the first 4 days of our holiday felt like so much longer, a whirlwind of activity. Gavin was so efficient in organising everything and getting the paperwork and maps to me quickly so everything went incredibly smoothly. I cannot recommend Extreme Scenes and Gavin highly enough. Our trip was fabulous because of their help and advice and attention to detail. Usually I try to organise everything myself, not always successfully. When I next visit Cape town I will definitely be using Extreme Scenes to help me plan the activities. It is hard to please everyone when organising for 2 parents and a 21 and 18 year old but I would recommend every activity we took. You do not need to be fit just adventurous and game for a real laugh!

Hi Delia thanks for the opportunity to help plan your family holiday to Cape Town. As you experienced first hand Cape Town can be very busy over Christmas time so local knowledge and planning certainly make a difference. The weather was amazing when you were here and it was fantastic to meet you during the shark cage diving you booked. I hope to meet you all again in Cape Town soon.