“Steve is the guide if you want extraordinary depth of knowledge combined with great humour!”

Walk in Africa - Hikes and Tours around Cape Town
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I did a couple of days walking with Steve Bolnick 3 years ago and returned this time with my wife and three other couples for 2 weeks. Steve organised an amazing program including - his 5 day Mountains in the Sea walk; tours of Cape Town, the townships and the wine lands; and then a 5 day safari in the Timbavati Game Reserve. Steve acted as a guide throughout the 2 weeks and his knowledge of, and passion for, the flora, fauna, history and wine of South Africa made the 2 weeks incredibly special. I would highly recommend him for people who want to go beneath the surface in their visit to Cape Town and South Africa. His sense of humour is also quite unique!

sboln, Owner at Walk in Africa - Hikes and Tours around Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2015

Thanks LarryK. It's always special to have guests returning. It suggests that we are doing something right! I'm looking forward to seeing you again later this year and taking your friends on a walking safari.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

In March 2014, me, my older brother, my older sister and my parents traveled all the way from San Diego to Cape Town. On the first day, we met Steve and hiked up Table Mountain. Steve made our hike so much more enjoyable -- it's impossible to fully appreciate hiking and walking in South Africa without a guide. A guidebook is simply not enough. Steve brought along his wonderful dog Meru who was a huge hit with my family. He was very knowledgeable about all the flora and fauna in the area and we really learned so much. If my family ever visits Cape Town again we will definitely book another tour with Steve. I'm not exaggerating when I say I would travel halfway across the world to hike and walk around Africa with Steve. It was that good.

sboln, Owner at Walk in Africa - Hikes and Tours around Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2015

Hey Tom M, it was such fun taking you and your family up Table Mountain. I hope that you do travel half way around the world again - just so that I can guide you. Perhaps next time we'll do a walking safari!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Where to start! Steve Bolnick, humorous, encyclopedic knowledge, great company and an outstanding guide. The Walk - Table Mountain to Cape Point over 5 days - spectacular views, unique flora and fauna, great walking trails and excellent accommodation. Stellenbosch and surrounds - wine and more wine, some of the best South Africa has to offer. Timbavati game reserve and Umlani bush camp, high quality and sensational viewing of the wildlife. This was a memorable and unforgettable experience thanks to the quality and expertise that Steve brought to the experience - thanks a lot Steve. Don and Sue Matthews

It WAS an amazing trip DonM. Thank you so much for coming to see our beautiful country and for being such fun. I really hope that you'll return for another hike and/or safari. Somewhere different next time.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

We had booked a hiking trip in Cape Town in advance through our travel agent, and ended up having an amazing trip up Nursery Ravine to Table Mountain with our guide Steve Bolnick. He chose where to go based on our requests, and guided us up to the "back table" and even served us lunch at the very top :) We had a great hike with a very informative guide that knew everything there is about fauna and flora of the Cape area. We would definitively recommend Steve and Walk in Africa if you need a hiking guide!

sboln, Owner at Walk in Africa - Hikes and Tours around Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear Tiril, Thank you for coming up Table Mountain with me on such a perfect day. I hope that you & T enjoyed your anniversary. Please come back to Cape Town - for slightly longer next time.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

My family did a 7 hour hike up Table Mountain with Steve and it was the highlight of our trip to Cape Town. Steve is the most knowledgeable guides I've ever met and has the rare ability to point out little details in the flora and fauna along the way that most guides would miss. We learned so much and had a fantastic time and would definitely do another one of Walk in Africa's hikes next time we visit Cape Town. Highly recommended and you'll certainly have an amazing time!

Hey Char L - It's great to hear from you. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed our time together. All of your family are wonderful people and I also greatly enjoyed the hike. I'm looking forward to our next adventure together. Where will it be? Botswana? Zimbabwe? Namibia? South Africa? Mozambique? . . .