“Fastastic”

Queen Victoria Hotel & Manor House
Ranked #14 of 110 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The staff were absolutely fantastic and made my stay easy and stressfree. They allowed me to keep a car parked in their car park inbetween my stays (stay was slpit), they arranged my dry cleaning whilst I was away and basically nothing was too much trouble for them. The rooms I stayed in were lovely, a decent size, elegant interior and well presented. The location was fantastic for the V&A waterfont and is literally a 2 minute walk. Breakfast was delicious and hada good selection including chocloate bunnies on Easter Sunday. I would return without hesitation. My only comment would be regarding the shower door, which everytime i showered I managed to turn the bathroom into a wetroom. Other than that my stay was exceptional.

Room Tip: If you are a smoker they can give you a room with a little balcony which was handy.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank pinktreaclemeow
Mike_Vroom, General Manager at Queen Victoria Hotel & Manor House, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Good day pinktreaclemeow,

Thank you for your lovely review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us on both occasions, and were able to experience all the Queen Victoria has to offer. Thank you for your feedback regarding the shower, this has been rectified.

I hope to welcome you back again soon to spend some more time with us, so on your next visit please do let reservations@newmarkhotels.com know as we would love to make you feel even more at home with us.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Enjoyed a five night stay at the Queen Victoria and we were blown away by the comfort, the friendliness of the staff and the quality of the food at its restaurant. Everything was top notch with very comfortable beds, huge and spotlessly clean bathroom (room 1305 - rocks) and a wonderful location right across the street from the waterfront. We were particularly impressed with the inventiveness of the food served at their restaurant. Someone in the kitchen clearly knows how to blend tastes and textures. We loved our time there and will be recommending it to anyone who plans to visit Cape Town.

Room Tip: We loved room 1305 - huge bathroom - very comfortable and quiet with a view of Table Mountain (when...
2  Thank Amy S
Mike_Vroom, General Manager at Queen Victoria Hotel & Manor House, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Good day amyoscar,

My team and I are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and are all overjoyed at your incredible review of our property. I am also glad to read that you enjoyed the inventiveness of the food that our team puts together.

I hope to welcome you back again soon to spend some more time with us and on your next visit so please do let reservations@newmarkhotels.com know as we would love to make you feel even more at home with us.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Our first dat in South Africa, we arrived before proper check in time and they were very kind and had upgraded us to a suite which was superb. Very comfortable bed, lovely bathroom, it was quiet and comfortable. The restaurant served us with a delicious lunch and we set off to see the sites of Cape Town. Apart from getting stuck in the wheel, which was a very amusing experience, we saw a lot of the harbour area, after sound advice from the hotel. That evening we were guided to a lovely restaurant again advised by the very helpful hotel staff. We had a very comfortable and well looked after stay and I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and its staff to anyone. Thank you for looking after us so well.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Mike_Vroom, General Manager at Queen Victoria Hotel & Manor House, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Good day Gale L,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback on the Queen Victoria Hotel and its staff. We are very pleased to hear that your enjoyed the wonderful cuisine we have to offer.

I hope to welcome you back again very soon to spend some more time with us and on your next visit so please do let reservations@newmarkhotels.com know as we would love to make you feel even more at home with us.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Hi we stayed here for 4 nights in April, and it was very pleasant. The breakfast is excellent, and the views are splendid. We got ground floor rooms the first night, but after requesting, they shifted us to the top which had a great view of Table Mountain and of the water front. Great location, great service, great hotel ! STAY HERE!!

Room Tip: Every room is different, and they are very flexible - so when you get there, you may ask to see the...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Good day Rachit J,

My team and I are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and are all overjoyed at your incredible review of our property. We certainly hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Very bad. Room was not ready with arrival. When we left for dinner the extra bed was made and in that time two cooldrinks were stolen out of mini bar. Hotel then actually wanted to bill us. Will never visit your hotel again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Xander S
Reviewed 23 May 2014

It is certainly one of the sleek, modern and luxury hotel I had stayed. Good for business stay and couples seeking romantic feel.
- Location: Cross a road and you are at the waterfront. Great!
- Room: Do note that this hotel does not have a good view of the harbour. Though we stayed at ground floor, it was very quiet. We have 4 nights of good sleep. Free WIFI. Definitely a luxury + lovely feel.
- Services: Very professional and friendly.

Good day Johnstanno,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. My team and I are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and are all overjoyed at your incredible review of our property, especially given that you are a very well-traveled person; we are truly humbled.

I hope to welcome you back again very soon and on your next visit please do let reservations@newmarkhotels.com know as we would love to make you feel even more at home with us.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

This hotel is in a prime location (steps away from the waterfront) with an attentive front desk staff, quick wifi, delicious breakfast, gorgeous design and excellent room service. I docked one point off of the review because I didn't find the wait staff in the restaurant to be very attentive or quick at breakfast or during evening cocktail service.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Good day KBreitman,

Thank you for your review on recent stay at Queen Victoria Hotel. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your feedback regarding your breakfast service as this allows me to monitor our service levels.

We hope to welcome you back again very soon and on your next visit please do let reservations@newmarkhotels.com know as we would love to make you feel even more at home with us.