“Beautiful old world charm ! excellent personalized service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Conifer Cape

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cape Town Central
Conifer Cape
Ranked #95 of 163 Cape Town Central B&B and Inns
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
“Beautiful old world charm ! excellent personalized service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

I spent few nights in this boutique hotel/b&b. The décor is charmingly old world and Central European. The artwork provocative and the service outstanding.

I was ill in bed for two days. The staff offered to get me medicine. The manager brought me tea and toast with Marmite in bed. The kind local cook who served the breakfast offered to rub my back with Vicks. I could not have been in better hands. Every few hours someone came to check on me.

When next in Cape Town (on business June as well as July), I will from now on only stay at Conifer. Thanks again for the great service!!

Room Tip: Most rooms have a bit of a view of Table Mountain and the Cable Car, what a treat!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

We spent 3 nights in this B&B in March. The house, which belongs to a family of musicians, has a lot of character. All our rooms were big, one also had a door to the small park in the back. We enjoyed the wonderful breakfast variations. Christo was very helpful with a lot of tips. During the day we walked without any problems from here through many interesting areas in the neighbourhood.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Barbara S
Schilde, Antwerpen, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

Very comfortable rooms, close to table mountain, beautiful garden, good atmosphere, excellent breakfast. Christo is always ready to help and a really nice guy! I would certainly go there again if i had the chance ! Peter, Sofie, Eleni en Felice, Antwerp, Belgium

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sofie S
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2013

We spent two nights here in April, and were made very welcome by Christo. The room was comfortable with lovely linen, and a garden outlook. The old home has a lot of charm. We ate at a restaurant Christo recommended, and the second night he drove us to and picked us up from another good place to eat. The breakfasts he prepared were delicious. We would recommend Conifer Cape to other travellers.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mudcake
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

Traveled with full family- two kids & three adults (aunt included). Nice rooms- large and very clean and the guesthouse is located at the base of Table Mountain and in a safe and upscale part of Capetown- very close to some excellent restaurants. Very helpful with some great tips for must sees around Capetown and beyond. Guesthouse is very much of an old school house- but quite cozy and very friendly.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Abcast
Ruesselsheim, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2013

Let´s start with the small things I dislieked, when we arrived at Conifer Cape guesthouse. Our first night we spent in a room, which wasn`that clean and towels and handsoap were missing. Not a big deal, just bad prepared. I `d like to mention as well, that there was no safe in the room to keep our personal belongins. So far not that worse, but it will become. The manager offered us another room for the next day. But as we left the guesthouse early in the morning, by putting the"DO NOT DISTURB" sign to the door, we had been really suprised as we noticed, that the stuff grabed all our luggage, clothes, cosmetics...which weren`t packed, and moved it into another room. Actually I was upset, they ignored the privacy sign and I felt an invasion of privacy. So I checked my wallet, which was in one of my bags, because there was no safe in the other room and noticed, that all my dollar bills were stolen out of it! Same happened to my husband´s wallet. We talked to the manager immediately, but he wasn`t a big help!. I`m still annoyed that we didn`t call the police that day. So we decided to move to another guesthouse the next day. We really had problems with the manager to get our money back for the three more nights we actually wanted to spent at Conifer Cape guesthouse. And of course, we didn`t get back the money, which was stolen, Would you like to stay in an accomodation, where you have been ripped by the stuff?!
And by the way, the breakfast wasn`t that outstanding like it is mentioned in other ratings-sorry!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank Kathrin R
McLean, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful stay at Conifer Cape. Our room was nice and the bathroom had a claw foot tub that filled quickly as well as a great shower. Our bed was very comfortable and the bedding appropriate for the weather. My husband and I slept likes babes with the window open and a light blanket. We woke up to a beautiful view of the red wall framing green leaves outside the bedroom window. There was an air-conditioner but with the great weather we had when in Cape Town we chose not to use it.

Breakfast at the guest house is lovely! Christo makes an amazing cooked breakfast fresh every day. His eggs are deliciously unlike anything else we had while in SA. Make sure to not miss them.

Christo is more than a manager. The house has been in his family for years and although he manages it, he is also an excellent host. He handled my husband and I, who prefer to carve our own vacation, very well and graciously offered to help where he could. He also went above and beyond when he offered to find a guest house for us to stay for the third leg of our vacation as he was fully booked. Christo worked around our lack of a GPS, limited email link, closed roads in Cape Town because of an event and helped us find restaurants, areas of interest and even drove us to a guest house when he was full. This is not what a Hilton or Holiday Inn would have done!

I would highly recommend the Conifer Cape. Even though my husband and I were there as a couple, I think this guest house would also be good for families. The room we were in had an attached room with another bed. If you had babies, I would say to talk to Christo for access to a fridge as there isn't one in the room.

Room Tip: Get a small car as the parking space is a squeeze as is all other parking space in Cape Town. Let...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple