“Valuable italian experience in Cape Town”

Doppio Zero Cape Town CBD
Ranked #86 of 1,185 Restaurants in Cape Town
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Snuggled in the iconic Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel apartment block on St Georges Mall. Opens out onto the side of the paved walkway. Serving the guests breakfast buffet as well as Doppio classics, come for lunch and you might be surprised to wait for a table - your hosts Danny and Alex are there to please..
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I'm not a super fan of Italian restaurant abroad especially of those have a large variety of weird pizzas . But.. We had a great dinner at doppio zero, their pizzas were quite good even for two italians.
The staff was extremely helpful and the overall service good ( try the complimentary appetizer although aren't Italians, but delicious).
Give them a chance!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I've been to Doppio a few times now and all times have been a success. The Italian food is hearty and delicious and the staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. My favorite dish so far has been the Pasta Verdura, which was a "spicy" vegetable pasta. It wasn't particularly spicy, but it was incredibly flavorful and I didn't miss meat at all.

I went for dinner one night and they had this heavenly hazelnut nutella hot chocolate which was basically heaven in my mouth. I would go back for that drink alone. Unfortunately they must only serve it at night, because I wasn't able to get it when I went back for lunch one day.

Great Italian food, great service. A little on the pricier end, but with good portions and delicious food, it's really worth it!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Fantastic coffee, friendly staff and all in a great location in the CBD at the Three Cities Mandela Rhodes Hotel. They even have free WiFi.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I carried an attitude about this place. A surly attitude. I t seemed somehow suspect. I’m not sure why. Maybe it reminded me of Jo’burg. But I realise now that I was wrong. Yes, it’s attached to a hotel. Yes, places that are attached to hotels are often faux and rubbish. Nearby hotel + restaurant = depressing. A reminder of things like transience, rootlessness and fake Irish pubs.

But hang on - Doppio Zero is actually just a restaurant. It’s not a part of a hotel, and it’s bloody great. They bake their own bread. It’s delicious. The coffee is sublime. The food is affordable. I live in town, and this is the perfect place to stop by on the way to a meeting. Or bring your laptop and do some work. A hidden gem.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

had a speedy business lunch here. 4 of us, all ordered different things. all looked and tasted delicious. friendly and speedy service. happy to return one day