“Excellent adventure”

African Budget Safari
More attraction details
Owner description: African Budget Safaris provides budget travel advice and a selection of budget safaris and overland tours that stretch from Cape Town to Ethiopia. Our aim is to be a one-stop online shop for the African budget traveller. Our team is constantly road-testing the trips the best way we know how - by going on them to see for ourselves what type of experience we are offering. In terms of the tours we carry, we work with a selection of established budget, mid-range and overland operators to present the broadest available selection of online travel options for trips within the African sub-continent. Our mission is to use our industry buying power and low operational costs to offer trips at prices that nearly always come out cheaper than booking directly with the operator. Please do put us to the test on this. We are able to give advice on the strengths and weaknesses of the various operators and available travel options. Tell us your preferences and we'll do our level best to match you to the right trip, with accommodation, destinations, transportation and travel companions that are a good fit for your travel style.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Bratislava, Slovakia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent adventure”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The trip was excellent, all well organize and also we get excellent guide Norman. We were really enjoyed all trip and we will come back to Africa for sure.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Kubascik

East Troy, Wisconsin
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“African Budget Safari's EXCELLENT!!”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Daniel at African Budget Safari was fantastic to work with from the planning phase all the way through the post trip follow up. We had so many questions in planning our trip and Daniel was knowledgeable and very quick to get back to us with answers and or suggestions. African Budget Safari offered wonderful options that were within our budget and timeline. The booking process was very easy and I felt very safe with monies paid. Daniel also provided excellent pre travel suggestions that proved to be very useful on our trip. We would highly recommend utilizing African Budget Safari and requesting Daniel for the best service... you will not be disappointed.

Visited January 2014
5 Thank WisconsinTravelers11
Enid, Oklahoma
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent response time and recommendations”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Daniel with African Budget Safaris was wonderful to work with, from assisting with hotels and day tours prior to and after the 14-day safari, and the recommendation of the actual safari. In spite of the time difference, he was always prompt about returning my e-mails. He helped make the once-in-a-lifetime experience a reality, and it exceeded my expectations.

Visited February 2014
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Nice Company”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Claire was very helpful and prestative.

I only criticize not be told that African Budget Safari isn´t a tour company itself, they just intermediate a bunch of those cheap (and nice) companies. At least I was charged me the same price.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Vinicius C
lukehardiman, Manager at African Budget Safari, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Hello Vinicius, thank you for the compliment, Claire really loves her job - she's great to work with - and it's good to hear you enjoyed your trip.

You are absolutely correct, we are not a tour operator. We believe the strength of our business is that we offer trips by a carefully selected collection of operators. We try to match travellers with the operator and trip that best suits their preferences, and of course we have a broader range of trips to work from than the individual operators.

Nearly all of the operators we work with, we have worked very closely with for a number of years, and as you say, our pricing is almost always either the same or cheaper than booking directly with these operators. Also, should any issues arise with the trip, we are able to mediate between the traveller and the company operating the tour to resolve them.

We are quite open about the nature of our business on our 'About Us' page on the site, and also here on Trip Advisor in our business description. We do however take your feedback seriously, and work is underway to publish a list of the operators we work with on the website, which hopefully will help to further clear up any confusion.

Thanks again for your kind comments - we will pass them on to Claire!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Budget trip but NOT budget service”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

After looking around and visiting several travel agents and tour operator websites I stumbled across African Budget Safari, and I'm so glad I did. Not only were their tours and safaris cheaper than others but the service was outstanding. After reviewing all the different safari options on their website (and there's a lot) I opted for a four day treehouse safari. I emailed the company and got a reply almost straight away from Glynis. The booking process as really easy and Glynis took care of everything for me, including airport transfers, a lodge in Jo'burg before and after the safari as well as helping me book my onward travel to Cape Town. It really couldn't have been easier. And I was very impressed with the accommodation recommendations. The safari itself was great. We stayed in nice, comfortable and unique accommodation and couldn't have asked for more from our safari...well maybe a leopard but they are shy! And animals you see is really pot luck and I don't think we would have had a better experience paying more or going with a different company.
I just wish Glynis was available to help me book my next trip! African Budget Safaris, please let me know when you expand to other parts of the globe!!

Visited March 2014