“R27.00 for an Appeltiser - seriously?”
Review of Andiamo - CLOSED

Andiamo
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
“R27.00 for an Appeltiser - seriously?”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

30 July 2014 - Lovely little quaint place at the old part of the Cape Quarter. We sat on the outside close to the street, which had a lovely atmosphere and was quiet. The other side on the quad's side is busier and noisier.

FOOD - my companion and I shared a HRM pizza It is topped with mushroom, salami, ham and a whole lot of goodies I can't recall. The pizza itself was OK (Pappino's Hout Bay is still my personal winner). Anyway, although I was not loving the toppings, the base was delicious! Wonderful, crispy and tasty. They also served us a delicious warm bread baked on site, which I enjoyed with thick dollops of butter! I would have been quite happy to just have that for supper.

DRINKS - the drink prices were outrageous! R27 for a normal tin of Appeltiser!! I know places make their money from the drinks, but this seems excessive. R27-wow.

SERVICE - the server was very attentive, almost too attentive, but he made a good pizza recommendation and made sure that we were happy. The manageress did seem eager to get us going and paying. Brought our bill and machine before we asked for it. (It was not as if we were the last table to leave).

VALUE FOR MONEY - fairly reasonable. Except for this crazy Appeltizer price. That really dented my desire to go back there.

RECOMMENDABLE - OK 6/10.

• Visited July 2014

“I just don't know ......”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I wish I could tell you that the food was good but I just don' t know. It took so long to arrive that we lost our appetite and cannot comment on the food. We did not feel special and it seemed as if everyone around us was also unhappy. At least we got a 40% discount on the bill and the Espressos on the house. A pity we could not enjoy the food.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Andiamo ? Rather not”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

The website appeal does not match the disappointing culinary experience !

After travelling to The Cape Quarter from Durbanville for dinner...
1. We had to call for service
2. Ambiance on the terrace very noisy
3. Lasagne defrosted and microwaved to heat ... disgusting mush
4. Pasta dish bland and ingredients omitted.
5. Food incorrectly priced and paid for at the higher charge.

As a meal we all looked forward enjoying as a family...
Never again !

• Visited July 2014
Auckland, New Zealand
“Value, Service, and Delicious Food!”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I'm a fairly frequent customer at Andiamo in the Cape Quarter, Cape Town. Their food is always top class and their service is friendly and efficient as a rule.

Definitely recommended for Mediterranean style meals. Good value, and a variety of salads, pastas, pizzas, steaks, deserts, alcoholic drinks, soft drinks, and hot beverages!

This visit was definitely above the rest. Our waitress Nicole is an amazing woman. She was friendly, understanding, and so amazingly welcoming.

As usual, Andiamo served up a fantastic meal of wholesome, nutritious, and incredibly tasty note! And Nicole really does deserve special mention. She was amazing! Ask for her if she's on duty! And please tip her well, she deserves it! (Am I allowed to say that on here?)

Visited June 2014
Somerset West, South Africa
“Bestest meal ever!!”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Thanks guys for an super meal, this was definitely the best. The atmosphere was superb and the kids also enjoyed themselves. Keep up the good work!!

• Visited May 2014