“STOKED: Highly recommended surfing experience in SA!!!”

Stoked School & Surf
Experience the Stoke Surf Lesson
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Stoked School of Surf is a 'mobile' surf school and surf tour operation. We offer lessons along the beautiful beaches of the spectacular Cape Peninsula and 4- and 7- day learn-to-surf trips along the pristine coastline of the Garden Route and the Southern Cape. We can also customize private surf trips for those in search of more advanced breaks. So whether you've never touched a surfboard before or have ridden some waves in your lifetime, be sure to experience the 'stoke' with Stoked School of Surf.
Reviewed 10 June 2011

Last November I had a unforgettable week of surfing on the Garden Route in SA with Stoked school of Surf! Well organized, surf experiences off the beaten-track, awesome crew, good coaches, delicious cooking (especially the cheese cake with passion fruit), comfortable hostel accommodation, sundowners on beautiful spots, relax around the fire after the surf... just everything to get you hooked and stoked to the surfing livestyle!!!

2  Thank DutchSelma
in 15 reviews
"skills"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed 9 June 2011

I took my first lesson in 2009/2010 with Michelle (the coach) at Muizenberg Beach. I had no experience before but Michelle managed to get me standup on the board within the first hour. Michelle is a very patient, kind and professional coach. Quickly after my first lessons I got addicted, went out into the waves as often as possible, I got stoked.
After a year of absence I returned to SouthAfrica in 2010 and went for the first stoked school of surf Learn-2-Surftrip for 5 days along the Gardenroute. All the way from Capetown to Jeffrys Bay, staying in Backpackers and Hostels, surfing on many amazing spots along the route. We were a mixed group of Europeans and Africans that surfed, trained, cooked, chilled and partyed together. I had one of the best times in my life, Thank you very much Michelle for making it possible.

2  Thank nepalyeti
Reviewed 8 June 2011

One of the best surf spots in the world + superb gear + a talented teacher = an amazing experience.

I've done a fair amount of surfing in Hawaii and South America, but always struggled to get over the beginners hump. I improved more in one morning with help from Stoked Surf School than I had the previous year. I got great tips, plus thorough and constant feedback and encouragement. The boards and suits are top notch.

Stoked also does week-long surf trips, which sounds like a little piece of paradise!

You have to check out Stoked.

1  Thank cjonesy108
Reviewed 7 June 2011

I arrived for my first surf lesson with Michelle Davy of Stoked School of Surf feeling somewhat apprehensive. Little did I know that those few hours in the surf would change my life! Michelle is a passionate, enthusiastic and patient surf coach, and my first lesson became a series of four lessons... and I haven't looked back! I can highly recommend Stoked School of Surf to any aspiring surfer, or anyone who just wants a good,fun day in the surf. Michelle makes it all seem so easy and her bubbly personality ensures that you'll be at ease and having fun within minutes! She is also professional and organised and therefore a pleasure to deal with. See you in the water!

1  Thank JulietteCT