“Fun!”

Cape Town Tandem Paragliding
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We offer tandem paragliding flights in Cape Town, flying from the famous Lions Head with Table Mountain as a backdrop and landing in Camps Bay. All our pilots are highly experienced, safe and fully certified. We only use the best and safest equipment and your safety and enjoyment are our priorities. Join us for an absolutely amazing experience.
Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Fun!”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Disorganized staff on the ground (reason for the 3/5) – they were running over an hour late with no explanation provided as to why. Stuck waiting in the heat without even water provided. People arriving later with the same or later booking time were taken first, which didn’t really make sense. Communication and rescheduling if needed would help a lot.

Actual flight was short but great, and the paragliders themselves were very professional and positive.

Overall, I would probably go with another company. Some others had transportation for a small additional fee, while arranging transportation yourself is much more expensive and was very annoying as I had a lot of cab drivers not wanting to drive to Signal Hill.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank PolarBear777

• Turkish first
Cape Town
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“felt cheated as the flight time was way too short”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

When I made the booking I was clear that I have done this before and loved it and wanted to get the most out of the experience. I wanted to book with a company that could offer me as long a flight time as possible. Especially as I was purchasing a jump for my husband and I along with a voucher as a gift for a friends 40th. The expectation created was that the flight times are roughly 15 minutes but on the day it turned out to be only 7-8 minutes. If this is weather dependent the way they claim we would have rather rescheduled but were never given the option!
Also, they booked clients in such a manner that they wanted us to split up which defeats the purpose of booking together. When we didn't they asked other people to split, saying that if one of us didn't split they'd have that problem whole day - they should then plan better to not inconvenience their clients.
Lastly, they charge a R200 extension fee on expired vouchers - this is 20%. By law, vouchers in SA do not expire and if it did, charging 20% for doing NOTHING is daylight robbery. When I mentioned this to them they "kindly" dropped the fee…but we had half the expected flight time.
I would never use them again and would certainly not recommend Cape Town Tandem Paragliding.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank C_luv2travel
ctparaglide, Owner at Cape Town Tandem Paragliding, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Gliding is weather dependent. We allow for the flight to be up to 30 minutes. Our pilots are all highly experienced and love to fly and will never make the flight shorter than conditions allow. We do not control the weather. When wind causes delays to our schedule it can affect the way bookings happen. We make every effort to make everyone happy but some people are more difficult to please than others. Validity dates are set to ensure that people use their vouchers. We have never not accepted a voucher even when it has expired. We feel it reasonable to enforce a penalty charge for not using the voucher within the specified time period and make the terms and conditions clear on the website and on the digital vouchers.
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“My 30th birthday present | 28th April”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Thank you to Manu and the team for making my 30th birthday amazing! I jumped on the 28th of April for my 30th birthday! You have a fantastic bunch of crew and staff! My flight was awesome, and breath taking! Thank you sooo much to you and your amazing staff!

I have recommened a lot of friends and family members to do Tandem Paragliding with your crew!

Thank you so much!

God Bless you!
Grace Seema

Visited April 2014
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Cool - but too short”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Funny how you meet someone, sign a form, then jump off a cliff literally in their hands without ever seeing any credentials or certifications - and then never see them again! They did do a good job, though a friend of mine fell during takeoff and got scolded by his pilot - not cool when you are a paying customer. I should mention that they seemed to rush the "flights" due to high demand and a backup of "flyers" - the weather was poor in the morning, so there were a lot of people in the queue. It seems as we all got the same story - "I'll try to catch a thermal - oh, too bad, we missed it". Meanwhile, there were several people with other companies soaring above us. This company seems to be the busiest and therefore most likely to rush you down - but definitely worth it. Average flights were about 5-10 mins, but they advertise much longer. I guess its great to always have the weather to blame.

Visited February 2014
Australia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Awesome fun!”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We found these guys by accident. We went up to Signal Hill for a bit of a look and saw the paragliding. All 4 of us were keen to give it a go so we returned later that day and had the last 4 flights for the day. Wow, if you think Cape Town is beautiful from the ground you need to do this on a perfect day especially late in the day. It was magnificent!

The price is very reasonable and the guys were friendly and very skilful. A great combination.

Make sure you take the option of the roller coaster landing...it's well worth it!

Visited March 2014