“Perfect hike on a beautiful sunny day- Highlight of my trip”

Hike Table Mountain
More attraction details
Owner description: Hike Table Mountain is an owner-operated mountain guiding business specializing in hikes and climbs on Table Mountain and around Cape Point. A passion for nature and mountains coupled with a commitment to service excellence lies at the heartbeat of what we do, ensuring you get the ultimate mountain experience. Run by qualified, accredited, attentive and highly-experienced mountain guides. All hikes and climbs are customized to suit your level of fitness and sense of adventure. We are the only guiding company offering hikes up all routes on Table Mountain. Whether you are a first-time hiker or seasoned trekker, adrenalin junky or nature lover, we make sure you get the experience you are looking for.
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Hiked table mountain via the India Venster route. Riaan was our guide and an amazing one at that. He was very knowledgeable about the history of the national park and made the hike fun and exciting. The route wasnt the easiest one and Riaan made safety a priority while at the same time allowing us to get the most of the incredible views. The hike started at sunrise and provided a scenery that was breathtaking. Great experience from start to finish and highly recommend Riaan and this hike. I thought it was worth every penny.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Hike Table Mountain was an excellent company to organize my recent (June 7) hike with. Riaan was very responsive and helpful in the planning of the hike. The free pick-up took away any stress of figuring out where to go. Our guide for the hike was Mike who was very knowledgeable and experienced and patient with different fitness levels in the small group. I am on my own in Cape Town so it was great to be able to join a group! The India Venster route gives you the feel of a good half day hike with a little adventure thrown in with some scrambling and also incredible views the entire route! The hike has been a highlight of my visit to Cape Town! I will be booking with Hike Table Mountain again!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Let me first start off by saying that Riaan was an AMAZING guide! I was able to accomplish things that I never thought I would be able to accomplish with the guidance of Riaan. I felt 100 percent safe the entire time with his guidance. The views were breathtaking and his knowledge was incredible!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I was hiking after a very long time and did the India Venster route to the table mountain top. I selected the 'Hike Table mountain' team based on tripadvisor reviews and the experience with has been excellent all thru'. Riaan was very prompt and friendly in his emails. Mike our guide was very knowledgeable and helpful thru'out the the climb. The climb itself is fascinating with breathtaking views all the way up. Its a bit challenging at some stages, but Mike was always there to support. We started early in the morning and had stunning views of the sunrise, luckily for us the weather today was just perfect. I think the memories of this trek will remain with me for a long long time. If I get another opportunity, I would like to do another trek with this team....probably the cape trek.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Booked a hike with Riaan and got his recommendations on routes to take which after some communication we went with the Porcupine Ravine.

Went as a pretty fit couple with zero experience in hiking. Unfortunately Riaan could not personally take us on that day, but Warren who came to pick us up was amazing as well. Conversations with Warren along the way was fun and refreshing. He had great knowledge in the flora and fauna of Table mountain and would frequently stop us to explain what each plant did and all the amazing facts he had.

This off the track route is great for people who are up for some challenge, with great views and serene settings.

What made this hike really special and memorable was a surprise marriage proposal for us at the top of Table Mountain.

Would like to extend our thanks to Warren for taking us on this hike and sharing this experience with us and to Riaan for making the arrangements.