“Great, great meal!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My two friends and I went to Harbour House on the recommendation of the owners of our guesthouse. We were not disappointed.
Very pretty restaurant in a busy area. It was stylish but not TOO trendy. Comfortable and inviting. Our server, too, was professional yet easy-going. The combination made for a very pleasant evening.
My friends and I all had kingklip. What a great fish! Wish we had it in the States. My kingklip special included an over-easy egg on top and salsa verde over garlic mashed potatoes. For dessert, I had yogurt panna cotta with berry soup. At the end of the meal, the only way the plates could have been cleaner was if I had licked them. And, I was tempted to! What an amazing meal. I can honestly say probably one of the best in my life.
Some of my co-workers were in Cape Town the following week and I made sure to tell them to go to Harbour House. They went and enjoyed it very much, too. You have fans in Buffalo, NY, USA.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We went on a quite tuesday evening - and guess what, it is still busy even on the off season. Get the seafood platter to share with your partner, Lobster, Prawns, Mussels, Languostine, hake, seabass.... great wine, great views - incredible

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We believe in dining with a view and the decor was also inviting. Our server Charlotte was outstanding and the Grilled Calamari was divine. There is both outdoor and indoor seating with an upstairs terrace perfect for drinks.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We arrived at the Harbour House thinking that the hotel had booked us a place only to find they had not but despite the restaurant being very busy, the kind Maitre 'D' found us a lovely table. What a meal, we both had prawns which were cooked to perfection and a lovely pudding also quite delicious. All their fish is freshly sourced by their own team of fishermen, caught the day it is prepared to be eaten and the daily specials are a wonderful snapshot of the sea around the area. Sadly it was raining and cold while we were there but I can imagine on a balmy evening it must be a spectacular place to eat. However, we found it buzzy and with really good service and food. Not pricey by UK standards.

1  Thank Gale L
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Treat your eyes to the stunning view of the harbour and waterfront while dinning in this restaurant. We can hear ship horns and watch boats departs as we were having our lunch. We simply love the view from Harbour House.

Do try the Salmon Sashimi. It was great! The prawns were fresh and there are lots of seafood to choose from. Recommended!