“GREAT ANTICIPATION THEN HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT”

Harbour House V&A Waterfront
Ranked #39 of 1,196 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We had gone with guests to the restaurant in Jan 2014 and it was fabulous. I asked to go for my birthday on the 24th May and WOW it was a monumental disaster. We had a Russian waitress who could hardly speak English and was unbelievably scarce, we had to ask the manager twice to ask her to serve us. our long awaited prawns arrived soaked in oil and as hard as nails. I phoned in on Monday 26th May and spoke to Amanda who was apologetic. she assured me that the manager would come back to me, of course he did not. Watch this space, odds are he wont.
the whole attitude of the restaurant is arrogant. Its a tourist haunt chances are the visitor will only come once. Such a disappointment as a Capetonian. Will not be going back and will vehemently not recommend

Write a ReviewReviews (2,749)

Reviewed 2 July 2014

My husband and I decided the go to harbour house on sunny winters day for lunch - once again we enjoyed the consistancy we are used to.Not cheap, but you don't mind paying for good food,good wine and friendly service.Interesting variety of dishes and the fish soup is particularly excellent.Booking is a must

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Booking advisable as gets busy at the weekend... Great fresh fish... Reasonably priced wine list and very knowledgeable staff...

1  Thank Wilso83
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Gutted! Ate here two years ago and came to book a table for the one night we were in Cape Town. It was booked for a private function. Sob. So ate lunch instead. Sushi amazing ( again) thank you.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

My husband and I had a lovely lunch at Harbour House one sunny afternoon. We had a two course meal and enjoyed a bottle of white wine. It is a stylish restaurant, but with a relaxed vibe. The food looked and tasted great, the view was spectacular and the service was really good as well. We had such a good time, I did not want to leave :)

1  Thank Aldiana04