“City and Township Tour”

PG Tops Travel and Tours - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: We do what we love and we love what we do. PG Tops and sister company Luxury Safaris promises to show you why Cape Town, the Garden Route and our wonderful wildlife and game parks ensure the holiday of a lifetime! All tours are fully private and customized.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“City and Township Tour”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We spent the day with Godfrey taking in the best of the city and Langa township. The township tour was a particular highlight or our trip. Godfrey lives in Langa and was full of knowledge, it was very interesting to meet the people and we enjoyed the visit to the kindergarten. Highly recommended.

Zofingen
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Top of the pyramid!!!”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

First time in Capetown you need somebody you can trust on! From the first contact, during the period of planning, from the Organisation to the warm welcome at the Airport, from the perfection of the different tours to the invoicing, from the recommendation of fantastic Restaurants to the selection of Wineries, from the explanations to the safe journey across the beautiful landscape everything was perfect.
We spent 7 days on 6 different tours with Pieter, Sophie, Yolanda and Ralph. Each of them an Expert, Colleague, Entertainer and Guide through a versatile Country with multicultural People.
Apart from the flow of Tourist we discovered the best South Africa has to provide. (No possible without the Team of PG Tops Travel and Day Tours! Big value for reasonable rates. As a Family of 4 persons it is much more advantageous (Price, Flexibility, Individuality, Comfort) than with one of the big and expensive Tour-Organisations!
We spent one of the best times in our life with the guys from PG Tops. Thank you for the hospitality and all the unforgettable impressions. We will come back soon!

Cork, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Outstanding Langa Township Tour”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We spent this half day tour with Godfrey and what an informative tour it was. We were picked up at our hotel by Godfrey. We stopped on route to Langa in District 6 and the history lesson began. Godfrey informed us he grew up in the Langa town ship and still lives there and his passion for this area shown through in the history lesson we received. We got to see a lot in the Township including a project where they make nice pottery, a preschool, a traditional pub, and different types of living areas and also got to interact with the people. It was very interesting to see the other side of Cape Town and I would highly recommend this tour. The highlight of this tour for my wife was the visit to the pre-school. Highly recommend this tour!

Atlanta, Georgia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Really good tour”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We did the Cape Point & Penguins tour. It was a great day of beautiful scenery, knowledge, and food. Our tour guide though, definitely exuded an air of superiority when providing us with South African history and discussing the local people. We understand there is still some tension with the history but the way it was communicated, I found it almost offensive. She also made me feel bad about the way I was dressed, implying I wasn't dressed properly for the tour. We did have an amazing time though on the tour as it was personalized.

Visited November 2013
PGTOPS, Owner at PG Tops Travel and Tours - Day Tours, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Hi there

Thanks for your review! I'm glad you had a good time, and appreciate you bringing some of your concerns to my attention.

1. I regret that you perceived Erica's advice to change to more comfortable wear and shoes (I understand you were dressed quite smartly and in high heels) as offensive - that was not the intent. There are a number of awesome hikes and walks on the trip, and she merely wanted to make sure you can navigate them comfortably. We ALWAYS give this advice!
2. It's tricky to follow our philosophy of WELCOME TO MY LIFE and not give honest answers to difficult questions (your husband asked a lot of tricky political questions!). As a company, we have made the decision to share our personal stories and beliefs - and I guess not everyone appreciates our candour. Most clients like the fact that we don't keep things PC.

I am happy you had a good time in Cape Town and that we managed to assist with that. Please come visit us again!

PG
ny
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“AMAZING company…”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We are a family of 6 adults and I needed transfers and tours while we were in Cape Town. I found PG Tops thru tripadvisor and was hesitant to use a company without personally knowing anyone who used them.
It was the BEST decision I made. We had Yolanda for 2 full days of touring and Roelf for another day. Spectacular guides. We had private guides before but Yolanda and Roelf were better than any we ever had. We got a tour of Winelands, Cape town area and the Penninsula tour. Roelf was even able to get us a tour of Langa the township at the last minute and it was one of the highlights of our trip. They were great about brining us to airport and picking us up. Very helpful in assisting to get tickets for activities we wanted on Robben Island and Table Mountain Vans were really comfortable too.
Very informative, friendly and flexible…I can not recommend them enough. If you want a tour guide that keeps your interest, is very knowledgable and is a pleasure to be with..this is the company to use.

Visited March 2014