“Terrible food”

Cafe Extrablatt
Ranked #188 of 1,144 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Bar, International, European
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Terrible food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

We went here and the food was not good. It was like eating at the canteen at work. I had the burger which was still raw inside and the sauce had pieces of stuff in that wasn't mean't to be there

Visited November 2013

“Nice Euro touch for a Cape cafe”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Friendly, professional staff served us drinks and gourmet burgers. Nice, chilled atmosphere and quite a view of Greenpoint Stadium!

• Visited April 2014
Manchester
“Friendly Staff & Great WiFi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

This Bar/Restaurant was located very close to my accommodation, so I used it several times for food, drinks or just a coffee. The welcome, service, food and drink was always great. Overlooks the World Cup Stadium on Main Road in Green Point.

• Visited March 2014
“Trendy Sports bar serving good German food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

I really liked this place. Large open bar/restaurant downstairs and a more formal sit down restaurant/shisha lounge upstairs.

Good varied menu serving hearty german cuisine and serving great local craft beers from CBC. A short walk from the Green Point football stadium and showing football on the TV I have no doubt on match days this place is rammed but when we visited it had a real laid back bar feel to it.

Great place to meet friends for a drink and a bite to eat.

• Visited March 2014
Cardiff
“Maybe we were unlucky.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

Glancing through some of the recent 5***** reviews received by this restaurant, I wonder if there are two with the same name. Our experience was, sadly, nothing like what the other reviewers had.
We were show to our table, and asked if we would like to order drinks. I said that we would like to see the menu, and order our food, before we ordered drinks. After several minutes, we managed to attract the attention of our waitress. She again asked if we wanted anything to drink, and I again repeated my request for menus.
There was no excuse for delay. There were only two other tables in the restaurant, that had diners at them. They were obviously regulars, and there was a procession of drinks taken to them. We really should have left the place there and then. Unfortunately we didn`t.
Finally, we gave our orders for food and drink. As it was now after 21.00 we had decided that the quickest meal would be schnitzel. Also, as the restaurant seemed to be modelled in an Austrian/ Germanic way, we expected them to be delicious. Wrong on both scores. The food took forever, and was barely edible. My veal was burn on the underside, and bone dry. My wife`s chicken was barely cooked, and the crust was coming away. The chips were flaccid, and some of them were raw in places.
I asked to speak to the manager. I was told that he was "upstairs" and not available. There was no one else able to resolve my complaints. I told the waitress to tell the manager that he had a very dissatisfied customer, and that I would be coming back the next day to complain personally, and also to be given a refund. Needless to say, the next day I was told by the front of house that there was no record of my complaint, and that I could not be helped!!

• Visited February 2014