“Great restaurant”
Review of Bistro 1800 - CLOSED

Price range: US$10 - US$70
Cuisines: Steakhouse, International, Grill
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We offer a range of succulent signature steaks, delectable meat dishes and shellfish. Our grill prepares our meat at a temperature of 1800° Fahrenheit. The result is moist, tender, melt-in-your-mouth steak, accompanied by a wide variety of mouth-watering sauces from around the world.With a stylish and contemporary feel, Bistro 1800 boasts a culinary offering, rich with international flavours and attracts local businessmen and professionals and other discerning restaurant goers in search of a refined, consistent and high quality offering.Whilst the Head Chef selects only the freshest seafood, meat is the star of the show at Bistro 1800 . Owner, Paschal Phelan, brings with him many years of experience in the meat industry in Ireland and, under his direction, his team ensures the best quality by inspecting suppliers' farms to maintain the highest standard of their meat offering.
Reviewed 13 November 2013

While staying at the Cape Royale Luxury Hotel in Cape Town we had the opportunity to have a number of meals in the restaurant, ranging from brunch on the terrace to complete meals in the restaurant. In fact, the food was so good we chose to eat in the restaurant most evenings.
Great food, great service.

George S, Manager at Bistro 1800, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Good Afternoon

Thank you for taking the time out to review our restaurant.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

People say that you can judge a restaurant by its consistent food. Well, I can definitely say that it's true at Bistro 1800! This is the second time I have been to the restaurant in the last few months and I was definitely not disappointed. Every meal from my son's chicken nuggets to my starter of brown mushrooms and of course, the lamb shank was excellent! The lamb shank was cooked to perfection. The meat fell of the bone and the accompanying mash and vegetables were cooked perfectly. To add to this, the service was friendly and professional and I felt as if I was the only table in the restaurant. I will definitely be going back soon and tell all about my magnificent experience at Bistro 1800.

Good Afternoon

Thank you for taking the time out to review our restaurant.

We at Bistro 1800 strive to give our guests a memorable experience and always try to improve our standards on a daily basis. It is always pleasing to hear that we met the guest's expectations.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

We stayed at the Cape Royale hotel and had lunch at Bistro 1800 (which is part of the hotel.) The atmosphere was nice and the service was friendly, but the food was just ok.

We planned to try dinner at the restaurant during our stay and called to make a reservation. A restaurant employee took our information and said they would call us right back, we never received a call back and thus, went elsewhere for dinner. A bit disappointing!

George S, Manager at Bistro 1800, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Good Evening

Thank you for taking the time out to review our restaurant. I'm sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. We at Bistro 1800 pride ourselves in giving our guests a memorable experience. Could I please ask you to explain our shortcomings in Bistro 1800 by emailing me personally on george.sakulias@18hundreddegrees.com so that we can improve on our standards. I have also taken up the issue of not getting back to you regarding the reservation you wanted to make with my management staff so as to prevent this from happening again.

I hope to welcome you back to Bistro 1800 in the near future and give you the experience that you expected

Regards

F & B Manager

Reviewed 25 October 2013

We went there because of all these great reviews. I can't believe we were in the same restaurant. After waiting quite a long time finaly our order was taken. Soup for my husband was cold. Salmon tasted like everything but salmon. Rib eye was well done iso rear, tuna was not good at all and way to many sauce on top. Even the onion rings and spinach were tastless. We had a table close to the kitchen and I think the chef has watched hell's kitchen too much. They were just screaming too each other like crazy. Never again to this place, although the interior looks quite nice.

2  Thank ellysuverein
George S, Manager at Bistro 1800, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Good Morning

Thank you for taking the time out to review our restaurant. I'm sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. We at Bistro 1800 pride ourselves in giving our guests a memorable experience. I have discussed all our shortcomings with my team so that we can improve on our guest expectations.

Regards

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Walking into the Cape Royale's Bistro 1800 I was initially struck by the friendliness and professionalism of the staff. I was expecting to have a decent meal, but by the end of the night any expectations I may have had were exceeded above and beyond what I thought possible.

Dining out can be a little bit of a gamble at times...our order is the equal to a bet, and the house sets the rules. All I can say is from the dishes I saw being produced at Bistro 1800, the starters were a pair of aces, the mains a full house and the deserts a royal flush! There is no need to bluff when ordering from that menu as every item looks like a sure bet.

The atmosphere was amazing, thanks in part to one of the most dynamic cover bands strumming out songs with everything from Pavarotti to Kings of Leon.

I enjoy a good steak and I can honestly say that the one I had at Bistro 1800 is the single best piece of meat I have tackled in my life, how they make it stay that warm and tender for the entire time it takes to eat is tantamount to a miracle.

There is nothing left to say really, apart from wholeheartedly recommending Bistro 1800 to any of you who have not had the pleasure of dining there, just don't forget to all in!

Good Morning

Thank you for taking the time out to review our restaurant

We at Bistro 1800 strive to give our guests a memorable experience and always try to improve our standards on a daily basis. it is always pleasing to hear that we met the guest's expectations