“Good Italian fare”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Pretoria, South Africa
“Good Italian fare”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Pretty standard pizzeria menu. I had a Quatro Staggioni pizza and my wife had Penne Polo Marsala. Both dishes was up to par for a quick dinner after a long day's travelling. Service was quite good and friendly. Ambience lacking a bit but not unusual for a typical local Italian eatery. Recommended for a simple tasteful dinner

• Visited August 2014

• Polish first
Roermond, The Netherlands
“Good italian food”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Went here for dinner twice. The food was good both times, authentic italian. Great pastas and pizza's. The service was okay, but when the whole place was full it got a little too much for most waiters. Nevertheless worth visiting.

• Visited July 2014
Vienna, Austria
“Sub-part Italian food but not bad”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I am not sure why there are so many rave reviews of this restaurant. After being in South Africa for a week, I was craving some nice pasta and Italian food and got really excited when reading the reviews of Mitico.

To be clear, Mitico's food was not horrible, it was just far from being authentic Italian and I hope that is not the best Italian restaurant in Cape Town.

Upon arrival at the restaurant, as we were pretty late on a Monday, the servers were not the happiest to see us (and 2 other tables that arrived at the same time). Nevertheless, they allowed us to sit in an area that had already been closed.

The pizza and pasta were definitely not earth shattering. The dishes were ordered were simple and plain and tasted good enough - but tasted a bit like it came out of a bottle and something that I could have thrown together after I got home after a long day of work.

If you are looking for amazing Italian food, I do not recommend coming here. However, if you are looking for quick food which tastes average, this is the place to be.

Visited June 2014
New York City, New York
“Delicious Italian”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Some of the best Italian I've had in a while. I've taken multiple people to Mitico and we've all agreed--great quality, delicious Italian food, at prices that are honestly steals.

I sincerely recommend the pizza, any of the pizza, and the Haloumi salad. Oh that salad. My friend and I would write odes to it if I could.

Definitely try out Mitico, you won't regret it!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank snoozology
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Authentic Pizza in laid back setting”
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

My family all ate here for lunch back in April with a view to lining our stomach's before setting out on a pub crawl down kloof and long st.

We each had a pizza and we were all impressed with the wood fired, authentic taste and the fresh toppings used. It qas also outstanding value for money. We ate a few pizzeria type joints throughout our 3 week trip and we all agree Mitico was the best pizza we ate all trip

1 Thank roeboy