“Different Experience”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I liked the idea of small dishes that you could share amongst the table, because you could try different taste. The ambiance is good, though a bit noisy. I also think the dishes were a bit over priced, but the overall experience was good.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

The restaurant is on the edge if quite a rough area which kind of adds to the experience. When we arrived the taxi drive through the security gate and the directed us to get in lift of the 1970's office building the restaurant is located in! Feeling a bit nervous we took the lift and when the doors opened into a cool London / NYC Restaurant we were really surprised.
The food is very Heston so in my opinion trying a little to hard. We tried about 8 dishes between two of us and surprisingly the Fish Taco's were my favourite.
I would definitely recommend for the experience and opportunity to try something different

Reviewed 7 July 2014

The Pot Luck Club was a great culinary experience!! Even though the portions are small they were all great. Great flavours are thrown together to keep your mouth watering all through the experience. With great views all around of the city this is a must for anyone visiting Cape Town. Even though it is a bit expensive, you should treat yourself with a visit there. Great selection of drinks as well and a cool vibe rounds of this great experience!!

Tip: When booking for a small group of 2 or 4 fot dinner, ask to sit at the counter so you can stay as long as you want.

1  Thank Coles8
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Being my first outing this obviously very trendy restaurant in Cape town, I will give it a 7 out of 10. The food and atmosphere was excellent with new and excitign tastes flowing out of the kitchen. I enjoyed the idea of smaller portions and sharing it with a group makes it a very sociable evening.

The prices are however quite heavy for the portions so beware.

The views over Cape town, Robben Island and Table Mountain are magnificent and somethign to behold. We were however shunted out the door as the next sitting was due to start so be prepared to be chased once you're done.

1  Thank SOVCAT
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Small portions with a pot luck theme does not seem to be a very good idea. We were a team of 8 and it seemed very expensive to order all the plates in multiple so that every one of us could have a taste.
The best thing I took away from this was the absolutely fantastic view of the sun going down behind the table mountain and the brilliant view of Capetown at night from the staircase in the back.

1  Thank saswatibiswas