“Brilliant!”

Kaskazi Kayaks & Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Connect with nature and experience Cape Town from a different perspective by joining us for a leisurely, fun, scenic kayak in the heart of Sea Point, set against the spectacular backdrop of Table Mountain and the Stadium! All trips are guided, and we are conservative about the conditions we kayak in. The trips are gentle in pace and no previous kayaking experience is necessary. The focus is on fun, enjoying the serene setting, and hopefully, seeing some wildlife. We are often fortunate to see a variety of wildlife on our trips including seals, sun fish and even the occasional penguin! There is a chance of seeing dolphins, & we are also lucky to see both Southern Right and Humpback whales from time to time, as they migrate along our coastline. We do 3-4 trips trips throughout the day (depending on the season). Morning trips best for seeing wildlife, while our late afternoon trip offers the prospect of spectacular sunset views towards Clifton. Trips are approximately 2 hours long.
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My 16 year old daughter, my husband and myself booked to do a kayak trip early Sunday morning - what a brilliant way to start the day. We were on the water by 8am and paddled around towards the V&A. Besides the usual seals and penguins, four dolphins soon joined us and we were entertained with full out-the-water flips. There was also a whale nearby, which we could hear but unfortunately couldn't see, however, during our hunt for him we came across a huge sun fish, which apparently is quite a common sight around there.

We all thoroughly enjoyed our trip. All the equipment is new and there is an abundance of kayaks, life-jackets and splash skirts. The staff and fellow paddlers are all friendly.

I highly recommend doing this. Take a towel and some new clothes to change into afterwards as there is a lovely hot shower available and you will get a tad wet.

There are newer reviews for Kaskazi Kayaks & Adventures

Reviewed 11 August 2014

If you are in Cape Town and you are thinking about doing this with this place- the answer is yes you should do it. Affordable, with AWSOME staff and a wonderful attitude. Stunning way to view the coast line and learn about the waters and the animals and what it is you are looking at. I left feeling very informed as well as having hilarious fun and I am trying to go every single day of my last week I leave Cape Town as a result! do it do it do it.

1  Thank natcatarm
Reviewed 10 August 2014

What an amazing day to be on the ocean in a kayak. Besides the amazing view of Table Mountain from the Atlantic and the usual seals and penguins, the dolphins decided to take a closer look at us (rather unseasonal - must have been the summer like weather). Just in case we hadn't seen enough, we had a really close encounter with a Sun Fish. Arthur's experience and knowledge is impressive and helped make the day so much more memorable and enjoyable.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

My girlfriend and I went out early on Saturday morning with Arthur and had an awesome experience. The nice thing is it comfortable to do in summer and winter, despite the air temperature being a little chilly, the water wasn't bad at all. The skies were blue and we had an amazing time.

It's really good value for money, and one of the most affordable adventures to do in a usually pricey Cape Town. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

it was great to see the city from the sea!
In such a tranquil way, saw seals feeding, the water was a great temperature, the sun was setting, it was very beautiful.
Even though i got sea sick ( didn't know it was possible on a kayak! ) I am still keen to go out again! thanks! its amazing to be out there...2 hours flew by :)

1  Thank Steffany-LR