Anything that I say here will not truly give justice to what a great place The BIG is. It has everything any person/traveller would want:
- Nice rooms which are cleaned daily.
- Great breakfast included
- A living room with the comfiest couches. This includes an elevated chill area with the best pillows around. This also includes thousands of films and series on their hard drive.
- Weekly Bri's (aka BBQ's)
- Great staff who provide great advice and will go the extra mile to book you cool activities and trips to do in and around Cape Town.
These are standard amenities which you might not expect, but would want and get from a great guest house. Amenities which The BIG has in abundance.
Except for these standards which you expect from a good travel accommodation, The BIG has something else which other guest houses do not have. This comes from the general atmosphere that the staff provide. In BIG everyone feels a part of a family. Because of this great atmosphere you inevitably end up meeting lots of new friendly and fun people. This atmosphere is also helped by the honest bar; where you take what you want and write down what you've taken to be put down on your tab. This extra sums up the great vibe which The BIG inspires.
While I was staying at The BIG there was even a doctor staying at the hostel...but after a month at The BIG I had to leave :-)
A special shout out to:
IVOR, SHARMS, JESS aka Cookie, AMELIA, and LYNDA
You guys are wonderful people. You made my trip that more special.
Lots of Love
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The B.I.G is a newly renovated boutique backpackers perfectly situated in the centre of Cape Town. It's walking distance from the V&A Waterfront, Cape Town Stadium, transport systems, gym facilities, restaurants and coffee shops. It's a short drive to Clifton/Camps Bay beaches as well as the Cape Town CBD. Most of Cape Towns greatest attractions are within close proximity: Table Mountain, Ferry to Robin Island, the aquarium, Sea Point Promenade, Lions Head and Signal Hill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your The Backpackers in Green Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Backpackers In Green Point Cape Town, South Africa