“Amazing!”
Review of Mother City Hikers

Mother City Hikers
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer full or half day hiking trips on Table Mountain which was just named 'One of the New Seven Wonders of Nature'. We tailor make our routes to suit each client's ability. Whether you are looking for adventure or just a walk away from it all we will be happy to guide you and get you back in nature.
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We took a beautiful 4 hour hike up the back of table mountain past the apostles through the valley up to the peak. Our guide was Lauren and she was perfect! We were picked-up at the hotel and lunch was supplied by her. She gave great advice about which hike would suit our abilities and requests. She was great company and had a lot of knowledge of local plants and history of table mountain. Great company! We surely enjoyed the whole experience from start to finish and it was certainly one of the most amazing hike's we've done. I would recommend her and this hike to anyone! Thanks Lauren!

mothercityhiker, Owner at Mother City Hikers, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Thank you! I am so glad you both enjoyed it. Even with having to hike down as the cableway wasn't working that day, it was a great hike. You both did so well all the way to the very end. I was happy to show you all the cool spots along the way. You were great company and I learned from you too! I hope it re-ignited in you a passion for the outdoors so you will get out more often and just be in nature. Thanks very much. All the best!

All reviews
"skeleton gorge"
in 9 reviews
"kasteelspoort route"

Reviewed 30 April 2014

My wife and I booked and thus were accompanied by Lauren on a guided sunset hike to the summit of Lion’s Head in late March. We absolutely loved our afternoon with Lauren who was personable, friendly, good company whilst also being an excellent help to 2 novice hikers.

Lauren picked us up and later dropped us off at our accommodation in Camps Bay. As we set off on the hike she went through the topography of the area and throughout the assent and decent she educated us on the fauna and flora of the area. We started the hike in glorious sunshine but about three quarters of the way up the weather took a turn for the worst and we got wet. The pay off from this however was that with the majestic Table Mountain as our backdrop, we were treated to 2 of the most spectacular full, double rainbows either of us had ever seen.

As we reached the final part of the climb it was certainly more hair raising than either of us had envisaged but Lauren was always very professional and calm in instructing us what holds to use and how to transverse some of the trickier sections of the climb

We ended the day sitting atop an outcrop of granite boulders perched half way down Lion’s Head, enjoying the sun setting across the Atlantic Ocean below. A magical end to what had been a memorable and enjoyable afternoon. If we were to return to Cape Town again in the future we would like to try some different hikes in and around the area and would absolutely not hesitate to do so in Lauren’s company. Nor would I hesitate to recommend her services to friends and family.

Thank you for your detailed review! It is most appreciated that you took the time to write all about our hike. What a day it was indeed. It was the brightest and most full rainbow I have ever seen too. Lucky for all of us, we were there to witness it in all its glory. I'm so glad you chose to do a hike while you were here. It was fantastic meeting you both and I do hope to see you again in Cape Town! Keep well.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

although i've done a fair bit of hiking, i've never done a day hike with a guide before....and what a difference! in addition to getting some exercise in the beauty that is table mountain, i got to meet some awesome people, and learn a lot about the surrounding area [history/flora/fauna]. for the kasteelpoort to the cableway route, i would definitely recommend a guide-at least for your first time out; we actually adopted a couple of locals who had become lost en route! lauren has managed to create an outstanding service for the cape town area by combining professionalism and a keen knowledge of the area with her strong desire for you to have an enjoyable experience. did i mention her flexibility and stellar personality, as well? i hate to be cliche but... 'just do it!' you won't be disappointed...

mothercityhiker, Owner at Mother City Hikers, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Thank you! It was wonderful having you along on the trip. It's nice to see a different side of the mountain that is a bit quieter than the front side. It was great to be the guide who was able to show you. I appreciate you taking the time to write a review too! Please come back and hike more in the future. Cape Town is too good!

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I had never done any hiking before and I was slightly nervous as I am afraid of heights, but Lauren put my mind at ease and made my first hiking experience very positive!

Lauren is knowledgeable, friendly and she enjoys what she does. She emailed me some great recommendations for restaurants and places to see in Cape Town. She also offered to take pictures during the hike. Actually one of my favorite photos of myself was taken by Lauren:)

Truly a wonderful experience that I could never have done without a professional hiking guide like Lauren! Highly recommended!

mothercityhiker, Owner at Mother City Hikers, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Well done to you! I am very happy you made it to the top and all the way back again. What a day it was, lots of challenges, but it is those times that are the best when we overcome our fears. Little by little. Thanks for choosing to hike with me and also thank you for your review. I hope you will be back in the Cape again for more hiking....next up- Table Mountain! All the best.

See more reviews
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We did a tour of Table Mountain on the last day of our trip and it was a great end to our time in South Africa. Lauren did a great job of talking through the various options and was insanely flexible to deal with our requests to try and see as much as possible in one day (and hence walking a decent distance!!). She knows loads of information about the local area, history, plant/animal life and geology whilst also making great recommendations based on the weather/fitness levels and what you want to see.
Very easy to recommend as a great guide of Table Mountain!

mothercityhiker, Owner at Mother City Hikers, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Thanks for your review! I appreciate it very much. I am glad you both enjoyed our epic day out on the mountain together. It was great to show you so much of the area. Thanks for being up for the adventure! Wishing you both all the best and I hope to be able to guide you again when you are back in Cape Town one day :) Keep well.