We have mixed feelings about the garden Court De Waal. The service is excellent, but the hotel is generally very dated and is truly a 'budget' hotel. That's not to say that the Garden Court is a bad hotel, its a basic hotel! If you are accustomed to more I suggest spending the extra money at staying at the Cullinan, though for a short business trip the hotel is quite satisfactory.
1. Richard Keet is a superb manager. He is willing to going the proverbial extra mile to satisfy his guests. He is friendly and understanding. I cannot compliment him enough.
2. We spent the last 2 nights of our stay in what seemed to be a newly renovated room. This room was far superior to the standard room that we had previously had. The room was well sized, had a nice view of the city, was modern and clean. Well done to Richard Keet for trying his best to satisfy our (picky) wants and transferring us to this room. The hotel would be far better if every room was as modern as this.
3. The staff were generally very helpful.
The very average:
1. The room we had initially was very outdated - the air conditioner was loud and the plumbing was louder. I realize that the Garden Court is a budget hotel - but this does not mean that the rooms need to be so dated and noisy. We have stayed at the Garden Court in Umhlanga, which has lovely brand-new rooms despite its budget status.
2. The pool area is nice to sit at (there are well maintained garden and comfortable chairs. However, there were no waiters around to take orders at the pool area despite the pool being quite busy that day. This is a big oversight even for a basic hotel.
3. The breakfast was very basic - even when compared to other similar hotels such as the Garden Court Umhlanga
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There's a square on the block in the Mother City. SunSquare Cape Town Gardens is located in the vibrant and cosmopolitan suburb of The Gardens, on the edge of the Cape Town City Bowl. This trendy hotel offers guests more of what they want, making their hotel experience a memorable one. SunSquare Cape Town Gardens is close to the CBD as well as the Cape Town International Convention Centre, whilst the Cape Town International Airport is only a short 20-minute drive from the hotel. For leisure travellers, the hotel is beautifully positioned at the base of Table Mountain - one of the new 'Seven Wonders of Nature' - and is close to Long Street, which has an array of day and night time activities with its vast selection of chic restaurants and boutique shops. The hotel is also located within close proximity to main attractions in the area, such as the V&A Waterfront and the gorgeous beaches of Camps Bay and Bloubergstrand. About the hotel SunSquare Cape Town Gardens combines affordability and comfort with modern accommodation for individuals who know exactly what they want. The spacious lobby extends into a bar area, providing a relaxing place for guests to socialise and enjoy themselves - chatting, working or listening to music. The lounge area leads off from the lobby and is yet another comfortable space where guests can read the newspaper, conduct business meetings, or just sit back and relax. Guests can also unwind and have a drink by the terrace, which looks over a lovely pool deck and has magnificent views of the city. For those guests who want to stay fit and healthy while staying at the hotel, the well-equipped gym comes in handy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotelopia and Priceline so you can book your SunSquare Cape Town Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garden Court De Waal Hotel Cape Town Central
- SunSquare Cape Town Gardens South Africa